Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Summer Time Is Here!

Well its not officially Summer yet, but its been very hot this last week and there is more to come.  The last few days Ive had the airconditioning going thru the day, it hasnt been too unbareable at night to have the aircon going during the night.  Its come on quite suddenly though, not gradual, and Im sure its going to be a long, hot summer, not really looking forward to the extreme heat, I cant handle 35 degree plus days, and the kids drive me nuts wanting to go outside, its not too bad now we have the shade sail out the back to cover the swing set but its still too hot to do anything outdoors, I cant even stand outside and hang out my washing cos I feel like Im melting!

Just some things I do love about the summer time is hearing the cicadas at dusk.  They seem to come out all at once and start sreeching loudly, or maybe its called chirping? I dont know but I really love hearing them.  I love the smell of the warm evening air, and the smell of the cool morning air, just before it gets too hot!  Living in a rural area it smells so fresh, I just cant describe it.  I love having barbeques for dinner with yummy salads, and eating summer fruits.  Nothing beats fresh peaches, nectarines, mango, plums and cherries, especially on a real hot day. 

I love sitting in the house when its nice and cool from the airconditioning.  I can have a cup of hot tea or coffee and it doesnt make me sweat, lol, it doesnt matter how hot it is I cant resist a cup of tea or coffee, strange I know.  I love eating gelato or Frosty Fruit ice blocks.  I love wearing my summer dresses and skirts and my shorts, granted I dont like being in the sun, cos I burn easily, and I do tend to whinge when it gets too hot but there are just certain things that I love about the summer time.

I remember when Rob and I were first married, we used to go down to Williamstown and walk along the pier and have icecream.  We havent done that in a while, cos we live too damn far away from the bloody water!  Some time soon Id like to take the girls down to Willie and have icecream and walk along the pier, when Paige is feeling better and when its not too hot!

3 comments:

Jude said...

We're coming into winter on this side of the equator, and I'm always glad to leave the heat of summer behind. However, there are positive points about all of the seasons and I too like summer when it's not too hot. (I'm like you in that I whine then! LOL) What I love about winter is no heat and no insects. Enjoy the days Danni, and stay cool!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with my sister -- I love winter, as well, because there is no heat and no insects!! LOL!! I absolutely hate bugs, so winter is preferable to this old lady!! My Mother in Law is from Perth, Australia, and she once told me (she's originally from Holland and then a war bride in Canada) that at Xmas she would always make a huge turkey dinner and then pack it up and take the whole family to the beach!! She missed the winter - at least for Christmas. Take care Danni!!
Linda Lou xoxox

Danni said...

I hate insects too, especially flies and mosquitoes, but cicadas are different, I just love hearing them chirping at dusk like crickets.