I did something really stupid today! Im so embarrassed! We were going out today just down to the shops and I was reversing out of our driveway and wasnt looking where I was going. Well, my mirrors werent clear as there was rain on them and I just really couldnt see. We have a small ditch at the end of our driveway and to cut a long story short, I reversed crookedly and ended up with one of my tyres stuck in the ditch!
Rob tried to get me out but in the end we had to call the RACV and he pulled the car out with a rope tied onto the end of his tow bar! Honestly I couldve died! Luckily I wasnt home alone when this happened, I dont think I wouldve thought to call the RACV. Worse case scenario was a tow truck having to come and get my car out, we probably wouldnt have had to pay cos we have Total Care on our membership. But then Rob was worried I buggered the suspension on my car, and I need that now like I need a hole in the head! Everything seems okay though.
I swear Im such an idiot at times, and Im sure that having children has fried my brain cells! Only a few months ago I reversed into our brick fence and destroyed our letterbox, lucky my car wasnt damaged, Rob wouldve killed me if that had happened! We used to have some concrete at either side of our driveway and they were recently removed as I kept on reversing into them (see I told you my brain is fried) but I told Rob today that if they were still there then at least I wouldnt have ended up in a ditch!
I bet the RACV guy had a good story to tell his mates at the workshop today about the dumbass lady who drove her car into the ditch at the end of her driveway! They were probably all laughing their heads off!
1 comment:
Oh my! Sounds like something I would do, but glad those guys were able to help you out.
We have a very long driveway with a row of tall privacy bushes along the side that I'm always missing by a hair when backing my car out *snort*
xoxo
Post a Comment