Wednesday, November 18, 2009

And Its All Over & Done With!

Endoscopy went without a hitch today!  It was a very early start this morning.  I was up with the birds at 5am to get ready and woke Paige up at the last minute just before we left, put her in her dressing gown and bundled her up into the car and we left home at about 5.45am.  We got there around 6.30am and in the meantime I got myself a coffee to give me that kick I need, I really needed one cos I abstained from coffee yesterday, I was feelling like crap myself and just couldnt stomach it.

We checked into the Day Surgery Unit at a bit after 7am and was seen by the nurse at 7.30am.  Then we had to wait for a bit but Paige was happy to do some crafty stuff that the volunteers had put out for the kids.  She was then called in at 10am.  I was with her while they administered the anesthetic.  She went hysterical and started reaching out for me, thinking I was going to leave her behind.  I held her hand while they gave her the mask and she cried and screamed a bit but then drifted off to sleep.

The proceedure took about 20 mins all up.  In the meanwhile I was in the parents room and the Dr came and told me what they saw and that the results would be available to me on Monday.  I was soon called into the recovery area and she was still sleeping but then woke up.  She was a bit dazed and confused as you can imagine but didnt wake up upset and screaming.  She just wanted mummy cuddles.  She really is a good little patient, and then we were to stay for about an hour to see if she was eating and drinking normally, then we were allowed home!

It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, even though I dont have the offical diagnosis yet, I have started eliminating the gluten out of her diet.  From tomorrow morning no more normal toast.  Tonight we had pasta salad made from gluten free rice pasta, very nice and she loves it, ate a whole lot!  Rob being the typical man he is thought her tummy would start getting back to normal already, I told him that it will take a while until the gluten is out of her system, for her tummy to get back to normal!

Hopefully we can see some results, onwards and upwards I say!

4 comments:

Janna said...

Thank God it all went well! Please let us know the official diagnosis as soon as you hear.

Oh yes, how I can relate to those uber-early hospital arrivals, ugh! I had to be there by 6:30am for my surgeries in Apr & May.

Darling Paige is in my thoughts and prayers, as are you, Miss D.

Big hugs & lots of love to all of you!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everything went well, Danni!! I was praying so hard for little Paige, that everything would work out for her. I hate that, tho, when you have to wait for the diagnosis. That's always the case, it seems.
Take care, my dear, and give the girls a hug for me!!
xoxox
Linda Lou

Danni said...

Thanks ladies! We have both been thru hell and back and just want the diagnosis! I guess more waiting wont hurt, waited this long already

Jude said...

Yay! I'm glad it's finally over Danni. It was a looooong wait! Yes please keep us posted will you?