Saturday, November 14, 2009

Feeling Like A Fat Blob

Thats how Im feeling at the moment as I havent been exercising!  Ive had so much time off from the gym because of Paige's health being so poorly and me wanting to be with her.  Ive neglected myself.  Ive been trying to eat properly but yesterday and tonight we had take away food, Indian curry last night and Chinese tonight, it wasnt my intention to have takeaway tonight but we had to go visit Rob's grandfather in hospital over the otherside of town and we didnt get home till 6pm! No way was I going to cook tea then!  Kids were hungry so needed to have something quick!

Im due to go back to the gym next week as my deferral ends then.  I cant wait to get back into it! all my muscles have gone soft as Ive lost muscle mass from not weight training!  I intend to go to the gym at least 3 times a week from now till Christmas time and I really hope I can get there!  Ill have to get mum over to look after the girls for me so I can go and do my classes!  I really miss body pump and body combat!  At least now we have a Combat instructor so I can go and do that on a Sunday morning probably.

Its hard now with the festive season coming up, all the delicious food being a huge temptation!  Ive been trying not to indulge in cakes and sweet things!  If anything I really crave fresh fruit and salads, but one thing I havent been able to resist is Frosty Fruit ice blocks!  Its been hot so I need to cool down with a treat at night.  I just have to not over do it!  Otherwise Ill end up fat again like I was after I had Summer and it was horrible!  Im still fitting into my size 10-12 clothes so thats a good thing, I think once I stop fitting into those thats when Ill start to  panic!

Ive worked so hard to come down to a size 10-12 so I dont want to undo all the work that I have done, but its hard to maintain if I dont exercise!  I wish I was one of these people who could just lose weight without having to do much exercising, its just not fair!  Once I start a gluten free diet I think I will definitely benefit from that, as a gluten free diet is a very healthy diet.  I was having gluten free toast for breakfast and it was so delicious!  Im really looking forward to the challenge....but ask me when I actually start cos I think it will be hard at first, reading food labels and such like!

Im just looking forward to working out again and releasing those endorphins and all that pent up stress! God knows Ive had plenty of stress to deal with lately!

3 comments:

Janna said...

You will do it!! I have to lose weight too, and think I will follow your lead and try a few gluten-free foods myself. As you said, it is healthy eating and if I can find items that taste decent, it couldn't hurt the new anti-cancer eating plan that I want to start adopting.

Good luck with it all, my friend! xoxo

Being Me said...

Mate, you won't lose all you've worked hard for. Your muscles will remember and tone up again real quick, you just see :)

I feel very similar atm, I've had L sick with gastro and had a UTI myself the past 1-2 wks so haven't been up for exercising. Back to it first thing tomorrow though! Only 6 weeks to Christmas....!

Good luck!

Jude said...

You'll do it for sure Danni girl, no worries there!