Its delicious too, Paige loves it. I also made a Flourless chocolate cake last week using almond meal, very yummy even though it resembled a pancake. Before this gluten free thing came about I always thought that flourless things had a ewww factor to them, I guess cos there is no raising agent in them, but I tells ya, the flourless chocolate cake was to die for, very dense and chocolatey! Very yummy with custard!
Now, on Thursday we are having a christmas party at playgroup and everyone has to bring a plate to share so Im going to take Gluten Free fairy bread. Its gonna be hard for Paige as I guess most of the stuff will have gluten in it, Im gonna take some other snacks for her from home so she can enjoy herself too. See this is where it gets difficult, the parties and get togethers, not necessarily from my end, cos Ill just make stuff GF but its gonna be hard when she gets invited to parties cos Im gonna have to take my own stuff for her.
Lastly, here is a pic of my lovely Gluten Free bread....
Gluten Free bread made by me!
4 comments:
that looks delicious :) . I remember going through this with DD when she was in the midst of her food intolerances and attending parties was very hard. Even now she has the egg intolerance still so I make sure I have her cakes, etc with us so she doesn't miss out. She is pretty good now and asks wherever she goes if it contains egg :) (she is 4) . I found it almost liberating to make all her food out of need, and discovered that I really could bake! lol
Oh yum, your bread looks deelish, Miss D! And how wonderful that there are so many gluten-free products out there nowadays w/improved taste. Hopefully Paige won't have cravings for any of the other foods at the playgroup Christmas party. Seeing your lovely bread is putting me in the mood for baking, just in time for Christmas :D
Mmmmm that looks yummy!!
Wow!! That's pretty good looking bread! It's great you have a lot more options these days for the gluten free baking. Sounds like everything will go just fine with the gluten free diet.
Yes, it will be hard for Paige, poor little girl, with the parties, but I believe it won't take too long and she'll be ok with it, just like Jen said.
Take care and hugs for all!!
xoxo
Linda Lou
Post a Comment