Monday, November 09, 2009

How Can It Be?

I dont get it, I just dont get how things can just go "missing" in a house that is small like ours!  I swear the kids drive me nuts with their misplacement of things and putting things where I cant find them!  Take a few weeks back, it was time for the girls to go to bed and we couldnt find Summer's dummy!  We found her security bear and usually her dummy is close by but I tell you we searched high and low and couldnt find it at all!  We spent 30 mins looking for it and then something made me look under my desk and there it was!  This was after I gave Summer a spare dummy.  I always keep a couple of spare dummies for such an emergency.

Then today, we were going to my grandma's place and I told Summer to put her shoes on and she only put one shoe on, I she misplaced her shoe!  I spent close on 30 mins looking for this damn shoe and do you think I could find it? Of course not!  In the end I went to my grandma's sans Summer's shoes cos I just didnt know where else to look, I had looked in all the obvious spots as to where Summer may have put it.  Then when we got home I started looking for it again and ended up finding it hidden by the loungeroom drapes.  I mustve looked there about half a dozen times yet I didnt quite look hard enough!

It doesnt stop there, Paige once hid the phone.  Rob wasnt too fussed about that cos he does anything to avoid the phone but I was going crazy looking for it!  It ended up being in the utensil drawer in the kitchen.  Summer's Elmo phone went missing right after I gave it to her, it reappeared after a week after I gave up looking for it.  Socks are another thing that just go missing, I dont know what happens to them, they go into the washing machine as a pair but come out as one.  I guess its one of life's little mysteries!

1 comment:

Being Me said...

LOL ahhh the comedies of little gremlins! I love that Paige hid the phone in the utensil drawer... that's very funny! (probably not at the time when you wanted to use it though)