Saturday, November 07, 2009

Our Day At Werribee Open Range Zoo

It was going to be a lovely warm day today so I suggested we take the girls to the Werribee Open Range Zoo as we have never been there before.  Its different to the Melbourne Zoo as it only has limited animals and its more like the African Savannah.  We boarded a Safari bus trip and had a good look at different animals from the bus, and it was wonderful seeing Giraffes and Buffalo up close and personal!  The Giraffes were very sociable and were following the bus, they looked so weird walking on their long legs, kind of awkward.  I dont know how to describe it.  But thats the first time I had seen a giraffe walking, lol.



I didnt take many pics on the bus, was hard with one hand and trying to hold Paige on my lap at the same time.  After our Safari tour we had a nice picnic lunch in the shade of the trees in the Pula Reserve, then headed out to explore the other animals.  We saw hippos laying out near their pools, and a couple of lions having a snooze in the heat of the day.  The cheetahs were hiding somewhere so didnt get to see them.

Lions snoozing


An American buffalo losing its winter coat!

After walking along the trail we headed to the car to go home as it was getting rather hot and I was getting burned to a crisp, well my shoulders were anyway, and now theyre a nice shade of beetroot red.  Here are a few more pics of the kids from today....


Waiting for the safari bus to arrive



Summer "driving" the jeep



Paige having a cry!

4 comments:

Jude said...

Awww Paige looks entirely unhappy in that last shot, LOL! I'll bet the girls loved seeing the animials though, looks like fun!

Janna said...

Aww, poor Miss Paige, it looks like you caught her in mid-sob :o( but it sounds like they otherwise had a good time at the zoo. It's so strange for me seeing them in their (adorable) warm-weather outfits, while we are wearing sweaters & jackets here ;D

xoxo

Being Me said...

Summer driving the jeep! So cute. And awww poor little Paige, what a cute cry-face though.

Anonymous said...

Poor little Paige!! And to top it off, her little sister sitting unconcerned in the background!! (Lol!!) Then Summer driving the jeep - I'll bet she would have had the time of her life if it could be actually moving!! So sweet!! Hope the girls had a good time at the zoo, anyhow. Take care!
Linda Lou - xoxox