Wednesday, November 04, 2009

14 Days To Go!

Only 14 days to go till Paige's biopsy!  Its dragging so much and Im really anxious to get it over and done with, not the proceedure per se but I just want the diagnosis so I can start a gluten free diet!  Poor little girl was in so much pain this morning and the amount of poo was just ridiculous!  I lost count at how many times I changed her nappy today!  I think I changed it at least 8 times this morning before we even left the house!

Who would think that a little protein inside wheat could cause so many problems to one person?  Some people are assymptomatic and dont have any symptoms of Coeliac disease, however others, like Paige seem to have all the symptoms.  I gave her some gluten free bread on Tuesday and she liked it and enjoyed eating it.  I liked it too, it reminded me of brioche and it was delicious with honey on it! It has eggs in it so it smelled eggy when toasted but it didnt taste eggy, which is good, I aint keen on eggs much.

Anyhoo, enough of that, I took some photos of the girls playing with their new Barbies the other day, although the way they brush their hair leaves a  lot to be desired.  After they go to bed, I find myself picking up the dolls and brushing their hair and putting their hair up in ponytails so they dont get matted!  But I have found that when brushing their hair, so much of it comes out, and I dont remember my barbie's hair ever falling out so soon!  I think theyre not made as good as in the old days!

I cant wait till the girls get their new Doll house for Christmas!  There is going to be a lot of fighting between the Barbies and Bratz as to who is going to occupy the house! Some might have to move into the Fisher Price Doll house..ha ha ha!





Hairdressers in the making?

4 comments:

Jude said...

Sweet pics of the girls Danni, I can tell they both love their dollies. Sending hugs to poor Paige!

Anonymous said...

Danni, I can never get enough of seeing pictures of your darling daughters. Summer is a picture of total concentration, combing her doll's hair, it is so cute!!
Prayers and hugs still coming your way, and I'm so glad to hear Paige likes some of the non-gluten food. That is a bonus!! I really hope they call and get you guys in earlier, but if not, keep the faith!! Give the girls my hugs!!
Linda Lou xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hey, my Barbies' hair never fell out when brushed! Really does sound like they are being more poorly made nowdays...
(((hugs))) to you and Summer and especially little Paige <3
Kirsten

Janna said...

Such cute pics of the girls with their Barbies. I don't remember the hair falling out of mine either, and I had one of the very first editions way back in the Dark Ages of the late 50's :P

Counting down the days to Paige's appointment!

xoxo