Monday, December 01, 2008

Christmas Trees And New Additions

I bought a new Christmas tree the other week, I thought it was about time as our old one had had it and last year I didnt bother getting a new one.  I bought us a fibre optic one that changes colour so no need for lights.  I hate putting those bastards on the christmas tree, I can never seem to get them to sit right so the fibre optic one is good, it just plugs into the socket and the tips change colour, from red to blue to green to purple, its gorgeous.  Im sitting here looking at it changing pretty colours.  Its good too cos it doesnt need a whole lot of decorations, I bought some new red, gold and green baubles and put those on and some red and gold tinsel and my star tops the tree.

The only thing is that Paige and Summer have been having a field day taking the baubles off the tree.  I tried not to put any baubles on the bottom branches but that doesnt stop them, they reach up and grab them off, especially Summer who has started standing by herself a little.  She actually surprised me the other day while in the kitchen, I turned around and she was just standing there on her own, clever girl, now if only she would be confident enough to take a few steps, she would be in business.

Anyway, moving right along, Ive lost count at how many times Ive been replacing the baubles.  It reminds me of the time we lived in our other house and we had put our tree up and our cats had gone absolutely crazy chasing baubles around the place, I had to get up during the night and bring the tree upstairs to the landing cos the sound of baubles bouncing on the tiled floors were driving me mad.  Then Panda decided to actually jump onto the tree and the brought the whole thing down.  He has grown out of that now, the tree has been up since yesterday and he hasnt had the urge to go and play with it.  The girls have taken over that job instead.

I also tried to take some pics of the girls with the tree with little success! I swear my kids have a very short attention span and just wont sit still for long enough for me to take a photo.  It really bugs me, I cant tell you how much it bugs me. Here are some pics from today and a couple of  Summer attacking the tree....

 
    
In other news, we have some new additions to the family!  My aunty bought the girls a fish tank starter kit for their birthday so we went out and bought some gold fish yesterday.  the tank has a lid on it and a small filter and purple pebbles and I put it on my kitchen bench, somewhere where little hands wont get them.  Its so relaxing looking at them swim around.  I hope they live for a while, I had some gold fish years ago and they didnt survive, I think I killed them with a plug in insecticide, so I must remember to not spray anything in the kitchen.  We have three fish, 2 large gold coloured fish and a smaller tri coloured one, Ive named them Woody, Twiggy and Chip *snort*
Woody and Twiggy
Chip

5 comments:

Jude said...

Pretty tree Danni! And I like your goldfish names!

Janna said...

Very nice tree! The goldfish are adorable too. I also enjoy watching them swim around the tanks. When I lived in NYC, there was a large aquarium store around the corner from my apartment building. I sometimes used to go browse there just to watch all the different species of fish. It was a fascinating and calming experience :o)

xoxo

Being Me said...

Awwww look at widdle Chip! LOL.

Love the tree, so sweet.

Danni said...

Widdle Chip is right, the other two are way bigger, and one has googly eyes. Rob says that one is hypo!

Peach said...

Beautiful tree Danni! Cute fish too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Don't worry about Santa. Paige will like him probably next year. This was the first year Livy was pleasant and she's 3. I think it is just the outfit that scares the little kids.