Monday, December 29, 2008

The Start of Potty Training!

I bit the bullet today and officially started potty training Paige. I actually missed the perfect opportunity to start on Friday because it was a hot day and I couldve let her go without a nappy all day but we had gone out for most of the day so it wasnt convienient. Today the weather was a lot cooler so I couldnt let her go without a nappy all day but I did put her on the potty this morning and she lasted all of 5 seconds before she got tired of sitting there.

So then I just let her run around without a nappy and she piddled on the floor of the lounge, which was no biggie, thats the beauty of having wood floors throughout the house, you can just mop up any accidents. Then I was sure I smelled a fart and I had a feeling a poo wouldnt be far off, so I sat her back down and tried to hold her there for a bit longer but alas she got up again. Rob said to keep an eye on her and before I knew it, she started pooing ! Yikes!!

I grabbed her and put her onto the potty but it was too late. I didnt scold her for doing poo on the floor, it was an accident and our first try at potty training. Anyway, I gave it another try after dinner this evening and again, she piddled on the floor, but this time I made a big deal of it. We missed the first half of the poo as well, but then I got her to sit on the potty and some of it got in there. Sorry for the TMI, I hope youre not eating while reading this!

The problem with Paige is that she doesnt want to sit on the potty at all! I tried to put her on there when she started pooing but she went all stiff on me and refused to sit! This is only the beginning of a very long process, wish me luck!

2 comments:

Janna said...

OMG, I'm trying not to laugh, but the visual is too funny, sorry Miss D, lol! Seriously though, I do wish you luck with Paige's potty training. In the meantime, I agree it's blessing you don't have carpeting, lol!

xoxo

Nicole said...

I wish you all the luck. Honestly I do. Its my news year resolution to toilet train Hugh. I could start tomorrow but ... I'll wait until the 1st of Jan, or will that be the 3rd, or 23rd. Lol!

I have to stop putting it off.

If I had any tips to offer you Danni I would but I'm a complete novice when it comes to toilet training.