Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Visit To The Vet

I had to take Panda to the vet tonight.  I discovered earlier today that his eye was rather nasty looking and had pus oozing out from it (noice).  I didnt want to let it go to see if it would heal on it's own since it looked rather horrible, and besides it being Christmas and Boxing day in a few days, I didnt want to take the chance that it may turn infectious.

My first thought was that he had been in a fight as he wasnt moving around very much today and felt rather sorry for himself, he didnt even put up a fight when we put him in his catbox, and he didnt cry either, usually when I take him to the vet he wails all the way there in the car, but today, not a sound.  The vet had a good look but said because of the amount of inflammation, the could only see 80% of his eye, and he first suspected a grass seed, but then said it looked like a cat scratch, so he gave me some ointment to put on his eye and told me to come back on the weekend if it still looks bad.

Then after $66, I was sent on my way.  I tell you, Panda has wonderful timing! A few years ago, also just before Christmas, he had a flipping urinary tract infection thanks to eating too  much dry food so I had to take him then too!  Poor Panda, he looks terrible! He looks like he has gone a few rounds with Mike Tyson.  Im hoping his eye gets better with the ointment, I dont really wanna take him back.

While I was there, they had kittens for sale, they were gorgeous! They were desexed, microchipped, and vaccinated, and it was oh so tempting to take one home! It didnt help that the girl there said they had 20  kittens to find homes for before Christmas, I do so want another cat but its so hard to toilet train a kitten with two little bundles of mischief getting into the laundry all the time, I can see it now, Paige and Summer up to their eye balls in cat litter....hmmmm,  not something I really want to be cleaning up, but I do miss having another cat in the house.

Speaking of which, this year will be our first Christmas without Mango, my sweet little Mango, I miss him so much, well, Id best wrap up this entry before I start blubbering like an idiot!

5 comments:

Peach said...

Hope Panda feels better. Keep us updated. It does sound like Panda maybe got into a cat fight.

Enjoy the holidays!

Jude said...

Awww I bet you miss Mango a lot. :-(

I hope Panda's eye is better quickly with the ointment Danni. Keep us posted?

Being Me said...

Ohhh that Panda sure sounds like he knows how to get your attention ;

Janna said...

Aww, poor Panda, I hope the ointment helps to cleat up his eye. And I feel awful about Mango too, yes he will be missed this Christmas :(

Merry Christmas, dear friend!
xoxo

Janna said...

Sowwy for dumb typo (s/b "clear" up his eye). I'm at work and rushing about before the 2pm Christmas Eve dismissal, yay.

xoxo