Yesterday, we braved the crowds and went to the shops to do some Christmas shopping. I think everyone had the same idea cos it was mayhem! Added to that we arrived at lunchtime so madness was in full swing, and the weather was horrid so it made walking from the car to the front of the shopping centre very difficult. I had Summer in one arm and pushed the stroller with the other while trying not to get wet in this rain we have been having. I usually like to park undercover but yesterday it was safe to say it was chock-a-block so we just took what we could find.
So we get into the shopping centre and we had lunch first. Im usually the last to sit down and eat cos Im too busy buying for Rob and the girls. Anyhoo, after lunch we started looking for what we had to buy, and I had no luck whatsoever! The only thing we came home with was the gift for me which I had to pick (Im getting a nice new handbag) If I had let Rob choose it he wouldve come back with something I dont like, so I had to choose it. Trying to get into any of the friggen shops is a joke, especially with a pram, so I told Rob to stay out with the girls so I can go in and out.
I had to buy something for my uncle who I have for Secret Santa and the thing I wanted I couldnt find, so it was a waste of an afternoon really. This morning we left the house early and arrived at the shops at 9.30am and found plenty of parking undercover before the mayhem began. I got what I set out for and then we were out of there at 11ish, which left the day free, but then I had to go grocery shopping to buy my ham which Im going to bake for Christmas lunch.
The only things I have to buy now is Rob's christmas and Birthday presents which I can buy locally, no need to go into the large shopping centres, I dont want to go anywhere near them with the kids during the week, its awful as you all know. I hate this time of year for that reason, it seems to bring out all the crazies and ferals. I tell myself every year Im going to start early but I never do, but next year Im going to make an effort to do my christmas shopping early and avoid the madness. At least I got the girls' gifts ages ago, theyve been in my wardrobe for months.
The toy section at Target was a no-go zone! Not that I wanted to go there but there were too many screaming kids, oh and I hate it when people walk slow in front of my pram or stop suddenly, I tell ya, one of these days Im going to run someone over with my pram if they dont watch where theyre walking.
1 comment:
I don't like the holiday shopping crowds either, and can't imagine the extra challenge of having children along, but glad to hear you were able to pick out the handbag of your choice :D
xoxo
Post a Comment