Friday, December 12, 2008

Would You Like A Fly With Your Ratatouille?

Two posts in one night, yep, Im bored, *snort*. Anyway, today I was really looking forward to my lunch, like I always do. I had a made a lovely ratatouille to have with dinner the other night and of course I always make enough to feed an army and had heaps left over. I had a bowl with lunch yesterday and was looking forward to having the last bowl today with my pita bread and cheese.

I put the bowl in the microwave to nuke it and in the meantime settled down to eat my pita bread and once finished got up and went to microwave to get my steaming hot bowl of ratatouille. I was about to tuck in when I saw something that resembled legs sticking up from a piece of zucchini and on closer inspection, saw that there was a dead fly on my ratatouille!! Ewwwwwww!!!

I had left the bowl of ratatouille on the bench last night after I emptied the pot and a fly mustve settled on it and died and I didnt know when I put it in the fridge last night!! I felt so sick after I saw this crisp nuked fly on top of my lunch! And pissed off too cos I was looking forward to finishing it off. I pride myself on my ratatouille, it had tasted so good, and always tastes better a few days old.

So the compost heap got my ratatouille topped with crisp nuked fly. Thank God I noticed it before I ate it! I hope I havent turned you off your dinner/lunch/breaky if you were eating!

3 comments:

Janna said...

Eeewww is right! You were so lucky to have found that blasted fly before ingesting it with your lunch.

xoxo

Jude said...

*screech!!!!* I'd have been tossing it quick too!

I remember back as a teenager watching my mom open a can of tuna, and us looking at a dead fly laying on the top of the tuna.... BLEH!

Being Me said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!