Thursday, December 25, 2008

Our Family Christmas 2008

Well, we had a beautiful sunny day, perfect for a family christmas. I actually cant remember the last sunny and warm Christmas day we had. Anyway, we woke up at around 7.30am and gave the girls their gifts, their Little Mommy dolls. They were actually attacking the presents before we even gave them to them.






Anyway, we gave each of them their presents and of course, when Paige opened hers, she didnt want it, she wanted her sisters, typical of kids, Summer was happy with whatever she was given so I think Paige did a switcheroo on her. Anyways, after opening the gifts we had breakfast and then started prepping the lunch of baked ham and snapper. My mum was bringing the rest of the stuff so I didnt really have much preparation to do.

Summer and her new dolly
Paige and her new dolly

I dont know why but today of all days, I had a case of depression and even my meds didnt help.  I think it had something to do with having AF arrive yesterday, and the girls wanting my constant attention, I honestly couldnt handle it, but more of that in a later post.   We had so much friggen food, every year we tend to over cater, its probably because we are of European background and thats  just in our nature to do it. 

The ham was a success! Everyone loved it, and they loved the fish although I think it was a little dry personally.  I didnt overeat which was great, I had a couple of slices of ham and some salads, and a bowl of pasta for entree.  For dessert I had one small slice of mum's christmas cake which was so delicious and moist, I couldve easily had another slice but it was very rich.
The girls got very spoiled again this year! They got lots of gorgeous clothes, money, and a table and chairs set that my parents gave them. It has Abbey Cadaby on it and its so so cute! They love it as you can see from the pic.



In amongst the many gifts my parents gave the girls,  there was a Collingwood and Essendon guernsy for them both.  You see, my grandfather is a one eyed Collingwood supporter and Rob goes for Essendon so mum bought them one of each.  I didnt think she would go thru with it but she really did.  I cant stand football, and I dont want my girls to become football mad! Oh well, they had fun wearing them...
At the end of it all, I had two very overtired little girls.  Summer was being so clingy, possibly because she was overtired and overwhelmed at the amount of people wanting to hold her, and Paige was wanting to spend the entire day outside, honestly, they are very demanding children but I love them nonetheless!  They also had lots of fun with their new prams for their dollies, although Summer cant push hers yet as when she puts a bit of weight on it she tips the thing over.
So that was Christmas day in the D'Alessandro house.  The girls had their milk and were in bed by 6pm, a whole hour earlier, they were just so buggered, and tomorrow I have a heap of little girls' clothes to go thru and see what belongs to who, they got that many! Im glad its over for another year, roll on 2009!

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Oh how lovely do they look, you have two gorgeous little girls!

Hope you are feeling better today :)

Charli xox

Janna said...

Looks like Santa was very busy at your house :D Glad you had good food & nice weather (we did too!), and thanks for sharing the cute pics of the girlies. Sorry for your bout of depression and hope you feel better soon. xoxo

Nicole said...

Christmas is so exhausting and overwhelming. I too was rather emotional that night and the next day.

I think because we bottle it all up and it just explodes!

Your girls always look so gorgeous and like they had a ball at Christmas, makes it all worth it hey?

Anonymous said...

Giish Danni, your girls are just gorgeous! Merry Christmas to you all xxxxx