Summer has two more teeth, her two top front ones have started to emerge. She looks so so cute with more teeth, and Im excited cos they didnt make her feel poorly, and she kept on eating and drinking as per normal. Im glad she is cutting teeth in order, and I hope the molars stay put for a while longer, Paige got her molars quite early and they were so painful for her. She didnt eat anything for about 2 weeks, and she was so cranky. I guess I can hardly blame her.
My mum calls Summer "Chopper" just for shits and giggles. She hasnt bit me yet, Paige bit me a few times when I was trying to get a look in her mouth or rub bonjella on her gums, and she actually drew blood from my finger when she bit me. So now we just await her teeth to come down fully, theyre part way down, I can see them when she smiles.
I think I mentioned that Summer had given me a surprise and stood up on her own for a few seconds the other night, but since then she hasnt done it again. She likes to push things around and walk assisted but she is too scared to let go. Im really wanting her to walk for Christmas, and I hope she surprises me and takes a few steps unassisted. She is chatting a lot more too, and pointing to things. Its too cute when she points and says "this" although it doesnt sound like that, more like "thith".
In Paige news, I took her for her annual heart check up at the Childrens Hospital on Tuesday. She had an echocardiogram as well as weigh and measure (she weighs 11.30kg and is 80cms short) Her cardiologist is happy with her progress and said the hole she has in her heart is still there, the PDA is closed and the device will continue to grow as she grows. He said that they wont operate on her heart as the hole isnt detrimental to her health, the only time they will consider operating is if it begins to show signs of being detrimental. So at least now I dont have to worry, I know she is a healthy kid for the most part.
I started giving her some vitamins the other day, she hates it, and I can hardly blame her either, it tastes and smells disgusting but at least she is taking it. I worry she isnt getting enough of the good stuff cos her eating is all over the place, she would live on bread and pasta if I let her, yeah she needs the carbs for energy and heaven knows she needs it with all her running around so she burns it off and then keeps on grazing, yet she still is a paltry 11kg. Summer dont need any vitamins cos she will eat anything thats given to her, the child is a guts, but it makes me happy seeing that.
4 comments:
Xav has a vitamin everyday (he calls them his cough lollies) and he loves them.
It's the the Cenovis Kids Multi and they taste like strawberry and he loves them.
Yay to another tooth aswell. She'll have a mouthful soon!
Hugh also has a multi vitamin and omega 3 every other day. I call them "chewy bites" and he loves them and will actually ask for them. They are the natures own brand.
What brand are you using?
Experiment a little with brands or perhaps try crushing it up!
I bought her Pentivite, Im afraid she wont chew them if I give them to her whole
Awwww - "thith". Too cute!
IKWYM about worrying about what they're eating (carbs is high on the list of fave things here too, unfortunately). And all of a sudden, we've got this anti-vegie, increasingly anti-fruit little monkey (who also used to eat anything and everything offered - or at least, used to try it before declaring it disgusting!).
WTG on the news on Paige's heart too. I can only imagine the relief you feel not having a possible op date looming. It's funny, sometimes those things take up more precedence in our subconscious thoughts than we give them credit and it's not til we realise we don't have to make room for worrying about it for the time being at least that you go ... thank God I can relax a bit about it now!
Am happy for you that you have been given that relief xxx
Post a Comment