Friday, December 12, 2008

Where On Earth Has The Summer Gone?

Im so sick of Melbourne weather, shit! Its supposed to be summer and instead its going to rain for the next week! Bloody hell! I know, I know, once the warmer weather really kicks in Ill probably be whinging but in all honesty, this weather is making me gloomy, not to mention shitty cos I want to get out of my winter clothes and into my summer threads.

Yesterday it was a warm sunny day and today it was humid then it started to rain in the afternoon and the girls were climbing the walls cos they wanted to go outside. It made for a very long afternoon. Paige kept on pointing thru the window to indicate she wanted to go out and I had to keep saying No its raining. Im not one to let my kids go out in the rain to play, besides that the girls are getting over lurgies that have persisted in this house and I blame the temperamental weather.

I currently have the heating on in the lounge because itll be cold in the morning when we all get up, what a drag! I know we desperately need rain but I hate it. At least if its a little cold I can put a coat on the girls and I can still take them outdoors to play, but in the rain, no way! So Im wondering where Summer's namesake has gone? Any idea?

2 comments:

Janna said...

OMG, it has turned very cold in NY again but clear, after 2 days of non-stop cold damp rain.

I hope your other Summer arrives soon ;D

xoxo

Jude said...

Hang in there Danni girl, it will be sunshine for you soon! Tonight it is (ready for this?) -39 with the windchill here! LOL