Sunday, November 30, 2008

Soooo Sore Today!

I eased myself back into Pump yesterday and today Im paying for it! I woke up with sore legs, sore arms and sore chest and I didnt even do heavy weights yesterday. I thought Id give myself a chance to get used to it again since I havent done it for a month or so. I had an awesome workout though, I did Combat followed by Pump and I really had a good time! I always feel empowered and strong after I do both of those classes.

I feel like I have to bathe in Eucolyptus rub today, I may put some on my arms before I go to bed, but then everything ends up smelling like it. I hope to go and do Pump on Wednesday night this week as well as Saturday morning, gotta get my muscle mass back up again. Im really unhappy with my midsection at the moment, it just looks down right flabby, so I gotta get back working on my abs, as I meantioned in an earlier post, I want killer abs. I thought I liked the slender look but I really find myself wanting to sport an athletic look now. I know some women dont like weight training because they think theyre going to bulk up too much but as women we dont have the hormones to bulk up like men. I know I used to think that but I was wrong.

Im looking forward to the new release of Combat and Pump. Every three months, Les Mills, the people responsible for Combat, Pump, Step, Attack etc, release new programs with new music and new choriography and the gym has a launch day where we get to sample new tracks from each of Body Pump, Body Combat and Body Attack. We already had a bit of a taste of a couple of the pump tracks yesterday. I love the tricep track, its The Veronicas "Hook Me Up". I could never really stand the song but its great to work out to. The tricep kick backs are a bitch, hence why I have sore arms today.

My legs were burning after lunges yesterday, and it was only last night when I sat down that my thighs began to ache from squats. Ah well, Ill manage, I always have. Im not going to let myself slip and let my exercise fall by the wayside. I know now that christmas is approaching, the gym wont be open as much during that period so Im going to get as much exercise done as possible before then. I just have to kick myself up the bum if I become lazy.

2 comments:

Jude said...

No pain no gain? LOL I admire your determination Danni, you look so good!

Janna said...

Oh yes, I agree with our Sista Jude ... your perserverance is very motivating, and I'm actually gearing up to take charge of my middle-aged over-weight bod before it starts affecting my health.
xoxo