Saturday, December 13, 2008

Toilet Training Is Nigh!

I think the time to start toilet training Paige is near! The kid has learned how to take off her nappy and this morning, I went into her room to find that she had taken off her pyjama pants, and nappy and did a  huge turd on her pillow! Clearly the nappies are beginning to bug her because she is constantly tugging on the tabs, wanting to undo them, and when I put a nappy on her, she has it off by the time I put on her bottoms!

My plan was to start training her when the warmer weather comes around so she can run around without a nappy, but the weather has foiled me and Ive had to delay the potty training.  I also had the idea of training Summer on the potty as well, I know she is only 14 months but I can time her and put her on the potty the same time as Paige, but I still have to get a second potty for that. The trouble is though, Paige doesnt have a very large attention span, as our Early Intervention lady says she has the attention span of a flea.  She just wont sit on the potty long enough to do anything.

I know its going to be a hard task trying to potty train a child with a disability, Im a bit worried about it to be honest.  I really want to get rid of the nappies, but Im going to have to be patient with her, hopefully if I put Summer on her own potty, then Paige will get the drift.  Im really stressing out about it, she should be out of nappies by now at her age.  It will happen, hopefully we can get started soon, if it stops fucking raining and being cold! I dont wish to let her run around without a nappy on in this cold weather.

I hope I dont go in her room to find she has left me another "surprise" in her cot in the morning, Im over having to change her sheets every day! It just adds to the huge amount of washing I have.

4 comments:

Janna said...

Oh dear, I'm sure that was indeed quite a "stinky surprise" left by Miss Paige on her pillow *snort*

Good luck with the girls' potty training! :D

xoxo

Jude said...

I think you may be right that Paige will get the idea watching Summer on her potty, Paige might want to copy her. Good luck Danni!

Charlene said...

Hey Danni, I've been a 'reader' but not 'commenter' of your blog for a little while. Thanks for sharing your blog, I think you are a wonderful mama to your little girls! Hope you dont mind my commenting!

I thought maybe an idea to curb Paige taking her nappy off might be to put it on backward. It makes it harder for them to reach around and get it off. Hope it works for you till you perfect the toilet training :)



Charli xoxox

Being Me said...

You had me at "turd on pillow". Yup. I'd be starting to give it a try at least too!

eeeek! Good luck!! xx