You may remember this post about my new fish, Woody, Twiggy and Chip? Well, the other night when going to feed my fish, I noticed little Chip not moving. Actually he was laying at the bottom of the aquarium, lifelessly. He was dead! It was a real shock because only a few hours earlier he was swimming around the tank with the other two. I did notice a few days earlier that he wasnt as perky as he was when I first got him (Im presuming he was a he) Anyway, I dont know how he died, Rob seems to think it was of starvation as the other two seem to be the dominant fish and seem to take the food.
I was a bit annoyed that he died, but these things happen unfortunately. Anyway today I went and got a replacement fish and he is a small goldfish with motled black and orange colouring, he reminded me of a tortoiseshell cat so Ive called him Catfish (stupid name I know but the colouring does remind me of tortoiseshell). Im hoping this fish survives a bit longer, but the other two are such gutses! As soon as I go anywhere near the aquarium they think its feeding time and they come to the surface. I dont want to overfeed the fish as it makes the water cloudy. I bought replacement filter foam today as the other one was putrid and making the water murky and its nice and clear now.
In other news, Summer is sprouting more teeth, two more top teeth are coming thru, they havent yet broken the gums but I see them just there. The poor little sweetie face planted today and hurt herself, she cried very loudly, lucky no teeth were hurt in the process or her nose. She surprised me again the other day and stood on her own three consecutive times, she is >this< close to taking off, but she lacks the confidence! Bloody hell there are babies younger than her who are walking, she is plain lazy thats what it is! I know she will do it, heck, I was so worried that Paige would never walk but here she is running around like a kid on red cordial!
I know some of you commented that you wanted to see the DVD that I got from Paige's occasional care, but I cant upload it to Youtube. It has separate files on the DVD and Im not sure how to do it, Im so sorry, I did want to share it with you all. Ill keep working on it as I would love to share it with you all! Ive made copies for the grand parents and great grandparents for their christmas gift from the girls, Im sure theyre gonna love it!
3 comments:
I didn't "get" the whole keeping fish thing, until we did the pond out back (in lieu of a cemetery plot for Ella)... and those fish became my obsession! Sorry to hear about Chip.
Hey, how old is Summer? Come sit by me, dude, you know L was 23mo before she walked? She crawled for 7 mths (started at 15mths)! I hear you on your frustration xxx
Summer is 14 months, so I know I shouldnt worry, Paige walked at 20 months, quite good for a kid with DS, they dont usually walk till theyre 3 so I know I shouldnt worry, Im just being dumb
Poor Summer, that must have hurt when she fell! I'm glad she's okay though, and it does sound like she'll be running around in no time.
Post a Comment