Thats how I feel this evening after another day out swimming with the kids! It was a rather pleasant 30ish degrees today but it still felt quite sticky and I really wanted to get out of this house as I had been cooped up here all week long. It wasnt fair on the girls to keep them in today. I had a plan last night to get up this morning, go to my 9.30am Body Combat class and then when Rob and the girls came to pick me up we'd go to Melton Waves and have a swim, but at 7am this morning, the roof guy lobbed up on our doorstep to announce that he was going to finish our roof off.
To say I was slightly miffed was an understatement. Sure I was happy that our roof was being finished today but I was shitty that I couldnt go to the gym. Rob said "Stay here in case he needs me." WTF??? Why the fuck would the roof guy need him? Anyway I didnt argue because I could feel my temper start to flair up from Summer being a cranky pants so early in the morning (she is cutting 4 teeth at once). So I didnt go to my gym class and my whole plan was thrown into disarray, but the roof was finished by 11am, meaning we could go swimming afterall!
It was great! I had Summer and Rob had Paige and we went and had a dip in the outdoor olympic sized pool, as there werent many people outside than inside. Paige was wanting to be a big girl and stand on the ledge, without me holding her hand! No way was I gonna let go, sheesh, that girl has become too independant for her own good!
We stayed there for about 2 hours and then decided to go home. We loaded the girls into the car and headed towards home but by the time we got near home they had both fallen asleep so we took a drive down to Geelong so they could sleep a little longer. At least tonight I could take them out on their swings as it was a lovely evening. And I dont have the aircon going tonight which is good, its been running flat out since the start of the week. There is more hot weather on the way but we are looking at the low to mid 30's which I can handle....only just!
PS; I forgot to mention that I wore the bikini I bought like 4 years ago but never wore before now. I only bought it to hang around the house but today I thought, fuck it, Im gonna wear it! I have shed the kilos to get back into it and not look like a hippo in it. I still did wear my tank over the top of it though, as I wasnt completely comfortable covorting around everyone in it.
16 comments:
Sounds like you had a great day, and I'm so glad the high-heat broke there!
The Melbourne fires and extreme temps made our news ... are you anywhere near them?
xoxo
no, we had no fires thank goodness!
Oh Danni I feel for you with the heat! I can't take anything over about 25 degrees without getting extremely ill from it. (diarreah included btw, if that's what caused yours?) I'm glad you're getting a break from it but to me that's still much too hot. Thank God for A/C!!
The pics in your previous posts are adorable! And I'm glad to hear your roof is finally done. I hope your temps stay bearable Danni, have a good week!
Wow you have your hands full.. I'm just giddy to see that you have Body Combat down under.. is it at a Gold's gym?
I'm stopping by to welcome you to The Secrets In the Sauce (SITS) you found the BEST comment support group arround. You'll find loads of fun contests on the Sunday Shout Outs (many DO ship internationally).. and there are even some other Aussies there already! So welcome!
Hi Danni,
Since you didn't have an email addy on your blog I will post here. I just wanted to thank you for signing on to SITS and putting the button on your blog. It is the best place to be and you will surely have a good time there.
xoox
((((hugs))))
Maggie
Congrats on losing the weight to wear the bikini! That's awesome. And swimming sounds like so much fun right now. We're in the middle of winter here in the States.
Welcome to SITS (Secret is in the Sauce)! It's great to have you part of our community!
Glad to hear you were able to salvage your day - and congrats on getting into that bikini!
Welcome to SITS - I hope you'll enjoy being part of it!
Welcome to SITS. We are so glad you are here.
What cute girls you have. While you are melting in the heat I am dreaming of summer here in the US. I really is a lovely day here today but we have been freezing for the past few weeks.
Welcome from SITS! I'm glad that you have become a part of this great group! Welcome SITSta:0)
Welcome to The Secret is in the Sauce! It's always fun to meet a new SITSta!:)
Hi Danni! Just wanted to welcome you to the SITS community!
just stopping in to welcome you to SITS. you are gonna love being part of the SITStahood!!
Sorry the gym was out...but at least you could go swimming....I would love to find an indoor Pool...and I wanted to say as lots before me have...welcome to SITS...I hope you find a home here....it is an amazing place to be....and I have really enjoyed reading your blog....
Welcome to SITS Danni! It's a great site to meet new bloggers and to get some comment love sent your way!
I do have to say that reading your post and some of these comments are a bit odd to me because I'm in the US and 25-30 degrees is NOT swimming weather lol. It took my sleep deprived brain another moment to realize..your talking Celsius ;)
Welcoming you to SITS...you'll love the site and meet tons of great new bloggy pals.
Sorry about the gym, but yeah for the bikini!!!!
Stopping by from SITS...welcome aboard! And cheers for you wearing the suit...good for you! Hey you should definitely show it off while you got it!
It's always nice to meet new bloggers...I hope to see you around SITS soon - the water is always nice there too!
Post a Comment