Monday, February 02, 2009

The Screaming Banshee Part 2

If anyone heard a 15 month old baby girl crying and screaming this morning at around 9am, fear not, it was only Summer expressing her disapproval of being left at Occasional Care with Paige this morning. She was only there for an hour but for the first 10 mins she just screamed and cried! I had to stay to fill in some paperwork/enrollment forms for her and even though the carers were trying to soothe her and comfort her by showing her toys and cuddling her, she was not impressed!

Paige settled back in okay, she cried a little at first, I think because she heard Summer crying. Then she started to cry once I left. I had to go back at 10am to pick Summer up and when I arrived there, the children were having their morning tea. Paige thought I had come to collect her but the head carer told her that Id be back for her later on and that Summer was going home to bed. She waved "bye bye" to me and I went home with Summer.

Its so awful hearing Summer screaming like that! She gets so distressed and her eyes get all puffy just like mine, like mother like daughter. At 2pm I went back to collect Paige and she had been outside helping one of the carers as she had gotten a bit upset hearing some other new children crying, and there was plenty of crying let me tell you. Summer started up again as we walked in, thinking I was going to leave her there again. It was comical, but I shouldnt laugh, arent I a meanie for laughing?

Ill be taking Summer again, not next week as Paige wont be attending the full session as we have a Paediatrician appointment in the afternoon, so perhaps the following week Ill send Summer again. It will be good for her to mix with other babies and toddlers and prep her for Kindergarten, although I dont want to think of that yet, she is still my little baby.

7 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Saying hi from SITS!

Anonymous said...

That crying! It is nerve wracking. The funniest part is, usually as soon as you leave, they dry up. No one to perform for.

Ash said...

Oh how I hate that - so hard for both mama and babes.

But secretly it is kinda of nice to be missed. My first used to run the other direction in joy. Nice, but still a little "ouch."

Em - a SiTSa visitng

Jen said...

My kids do that too when I leave them. It is so hard. I usually have to drop and run so that I don't hear all the wailing.

BTW, Welcome to SITS! It is a place where are all the cool blogging mom's go. So glad you are here.

Janna said...

AH-HA! So that's the racket I heard earlier, lol.

xoxo

Aubrey said...

Oh no! That transition is always hard! It will only take a few days for them to adjust. I have a toddler I am looking to put in some type of part-time program for that exposure. I'm sure I'll hear the screaming then!

Welcome to SITS! It's always great to see new faces! Plus, it's just a great place all around~!

Just Lisa said...

I feel you with the screaming banshee! I have to tear my little one away form every day!

Welcome to SITS! You'll love it!