Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Look What I Found!

Bloody hot weather, it seems to bring out all the spiders.  About 3 weeks ago, we opened the loungeroom drapes to find a Huntsman spider nestled in the lace curtains behind them.  We left him there because whenever Rob tried to get him out he would move.  About two days later he had moved from the curtain to above the front door.  Again Rob tried to get rid of him but he had cottoned on to it and started moving again.  My grandma soon got rid of him with the broom.

Last week, I was minding my own business when I had a fright, there was another huntsman spider above the front door.  Surely it wasnt the same one? I just left him be but then in the evening he had moved and he frightened the hell out of me as he was near the light switch.  He would stay there all day long, and would only move at night time when we were all in bed sleeping.  Then last Thursday I didnt see him in his usual spot, instead I saw him in the bathroom, on the bath.


Because the kids like to play in the bathroom while Im having a shower I thougtht Id take matters into my own hands and remove the spider myself.  I got a container and put it on top of the spider but he jumped out and crawled into the bath.  It scared me looking at it walking with those long legs.  Anyway, I finally caught it and threw it outside, wonderful, no more spider....that is until this morning when I opened the curtains to find this sitting on the lace again....
 Its just sitting there on the wall above the curtains now.  It moves occasionally but it might be waiting untill we all go to bed for it to start walking about.  Im not sure if its the same one as I removed last week, this one is a bit smaller than the previous two we had inside.   As long as it stays away from me, he can stay inside, Im too scared to try to get rid of him myself, I have a fear of him jumping on my hand, yikes!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

What creeps me out isn't them crawling on my hand but on my face or joining me in bed. Arggh.

I always tease Luke about them as he sleeps with his mouth wide open. Dangerous and an 'open invite' if you ask me.

All spiders in our house (unless they are daddy long legs) are removed by Luke - Lucky me as there is no way in hell I'd do it!

Danni said...

Yeah I get scared of them crawling on me while Im sleeping. Ive had a few in the car, yikes!!

Melza said...

Just kill the little bugger!

Urrgghhh I can't stand them.... we have only had one over here - our latest things is redbacks!!! We have had three outside our front door in the last two days! Not for long though once my thong came off my foot.....

I feel for you, honestly I do.

xxx

Janna said...

We get tiny spiders in your house year round! We usually leave them alone, but when we catch them hanging out in our bedrooms, then it's time to zap 'em with my trusty fly swatter :D

xoxo

Janna said...

Oops, make that "our" house. Sorry for silly typo.

Deb said...

"Venom toxicity - the bite of Huntsman Spiders is of low risk (non toxic) to humans. They are a non-aggressive group of spiders. However, a large individual can give a painful bite. Beware in summer when the female Huntsman Spider is guarding her egg sacs or young."

I dunno. If it were me, I'd be looking for egg sacs or baby spideys!

Penelope said...

Ewwwwwwww....I can't even stand the thought of them!!!

Jude said...

Oh blech I hate spiders!! The only things in the world I ever consider killing are insects, I just squish 'em Danni. For some reason spiders like our bathtub in summer and when I find them in there it's even easier, I just turn the water on and down the drain they go!