Wednesday, January 07, 2009

So Far, So Good....

Summer had her 12 month vaccinations on Monday and so far, she has been fine, no reactions at all.  She didnt like being innoculated in each arm and in one of her chubby thighs, but mummy was there to give her a huge cuddle afterwards.  I thought she would be feeling a bit out of sorts that night but she was fine, its the MMR injection that may give her some trouble 7-10 days post vaccination.  I remember when Paige had her 12  month shots, the poor love had the  non infectious rash and a fever appear exactly 10 days afterwards, plus she had tonsilitus for good measure.

Im just keeping my fingers crossed that Summer has no such reaction.  She looks like she has mosquito bites in each arm, but surprisingly, they dont feel hot to touch or bumpy like her previous needle sites.  Now we just wait till 18 months for her Chicken pox needle, and Paige isnt due again for her second dose of MMR till 4 years old, so a long time to wait for her, thank goodness.  I hate taking the kids in for needles, but its a necessary evil.  Yes there seems to be a vaccine for everything nowadays but Im very pro vaccinations and I believe they do more good than bad.

Moving right along, I got back to the gym tonight, sheeit, what a work out! I was stuffed even before I started because Kazam (my slim coach and Pump/combat instructor extraordinarre) asked me to be her guinea pig before class started.  She had learned a new Combat track and asked me to do it with her, so I begrudgingely accepted and while the other ladies came in to set up their equipment for pump me and Kaz were doing this combat track.  I havent done Combat in a little while so I was well n truely buggered.

It was good to get back into the gym, I missed it over the Festive season.  Im learning to sit and stand with my core switched on instead of slouching like I usually do, core stability and switching on your abs is good for trimming down the waist measurement.  Im sitting here now trying to suck in my abs and its friggen hard, Im so used to slouching and letting it all hang out, *snort*.

3 comments:

Janna said...

Good on you going back to the gym, and I agree it's freakin' hard to hold in your abs while sitting, geez!

I'm glad Miss Summer is doing well after her vaccinations, and hope she doesn't have any delayed reactions, but at least you're ready if she does :D

xoxo

Jude said...

Lordy I used to have the straightest posture even sitting, people used to comment on it! Now, I'm the Sloucher Queen and I keep trying to remember and correct that. Alas I'm starting to get rounded shoulders!

That's great you got back to it again Danni, you know I can almost "hear" you have more energy because of it.

Kid's vaccinations, such an icky thing for them to get through but thankfully they are over so fast, and will do them good down the road.

Anonymous said...

Oh I need to get into core strength training. We've done a little bit of it but I need more.