Friday, January 16, 2009

Its My Party And Ill Be Sick If I Want To

I was over at mum's today, looking for old photos to scan and came across this one of me when I turned 1 year old. This photo always made me sad and broke my heart because I looked so damned miserable in the photo. Mum and my grandma told me that I was very sick on my first birthday, had an ear/nose/throat infection, so thats why I wasnt very happy in this photo.

I showed it to Rob and he said I looked like a boy with all that curly hair, I actually think I look like Summer in this pic. So here is me, all dressed up, but looking very sad and sorry for myself on my birthday...


Speaking of Summer, she is back to her usual self, not that there was anything really wrong with her to begin with, just a niggly mild temperature and a bit of a restless night. She is so, so close to walking on her own, she took a few steps today after I made her do it by herself. I made her walk to the slide, first by holding her hand part of the way, then letting go, she did do it, just that confidence lacking, or maybe its laziness, or both.

In other news, I didnt bother doing any toilet training with Paige today, she did that many horrible poos today that I couldnt keep up with her, I mustve changed her nappy about 10 times. Ill start again on Monday or when the runny poo subsides. I dont know what the hell she ate to make her go so many times, Im still scratching my head as to what caused it!

5 comments:

Peach said...

What a cute baby you were! I definitely see a resemblance to Summer. Glad to hear that Summer is starting to walk more. Sounds like that Paige either ate something that disagreed with her or could be developing a stomach bug. Just keep watching her bowel movements for the next couple of days. If you still have runny or loose bowel movements, I would make an appointment with her pediatrician. You don't want to get dehydrated.

Danni said...

So far she has only done 2 runny poos today, she is eating and drinking okay, Im going to the Dr on monday for myself anyway, I may take her along as well to get her looked over.

Janna said...

Aww, what a cute photo of you, but you do look like you weren't feeling well :o( I just know Summer will start to walk any minute, and I hope you can get back to potty training Paige very soon :D

xoxo

Penelope said...

I can definitely see Summer in that photo of you! So cute! I think nearly every baby I know has been sick and upset on their first birthday.

Jude said...

Most DEF Summer looks like you Danni, what a sweet/sad pic! Like Janna, I'd say it sounds like she will be walking in no time. And good luck to Paige with her tummy issues!