Monday, January 19, 2009

She's Got It!!

Summer took her first proper steps today! WOOT!! Of course she did it while I was at the Dr and she was at my grandma's but she walked to me when she saw me! Man Im chuffed at my clever girl!! I knew she could do it, she just had to get that confidence up. Of course she still thinks crawling is way faster than walking on two legs, so she does a combination of the two.

I had good intentions of grabbing her walking on video but of course she wouldnt cooperate when I was trying to video her. Yesterday Paige was holding her hand while they were both walking, it was too cute, but Paige being the show off big sister that she is, was about 3 steps in front of her, it was so funny.

She still looks a bit drunk and wobbly walking and she sticks her arms out for balance, she kind of looks like Frankenstien when she walks, *snort*. But as I said Im so proud and chuffed that she is finally walking, and at the tender age of 15 months. Now I bet she will want to walk everywhere, which will be great, cos now it will get Paige walking more instead of wanting to be picked up like the lap dog she thinks she is.

In other news, Paige's runs finally stopped yesterday and we were back to normal today, we shall resume the toilet training tomorrow. Its gonna be a hot day so I doubt we will be going anywhere, so it will be a perfect time to toilet train and declutter the house.

2 comments:

Janna said...

Great news about Summer finally starting to walk (I knew she'd do it any minute!), and I'm glad Paige's runs are all gone too.

xoxo

Penelope said...

Clever girl Summer! Watch out Paige!!