Well, after 3 days of temperatures to rival hell, we finally have a "cool" change of sorts. Its currently a much comfortable 31 degrees at the moment, although Im still very hot, mustve been the coffee I just consumed. The aircon is still up high, it hasnt been off since Wednesday morning. Tomorrow's forcast is for 37 degrees, not too bad but not wonderful.
This morning I bit the bullet and took the girls to the local outdoor pool. We got there around 9.30am and there wasnt many people there luckily, there was another couple of mums with their toddlers hanging in the toddler pool so we found a nice shady spot and I took the girls into the toddler pool for a splash. It was so funny seeing Paige try to run in the water, only to stumble and fall face first into the water, she got spooked and then it happened again, and got double spooked and began to cry. I laughed though, the bad mummy I am, lol.
They had so much fun splashing and playing with the other kids. It was quite refreshing, sitting in the toddler pool with the kids. There was a couple of 8-10 year old girls that came into the toddler pool (the olympic sized pool wasnt enough for them obviously) and Paige was wanting to play with these girls but they ignored her. She soon cottoned on to the fact there was a bigger, better pool there and wanted to go in and began to point and communicate to me that she wanted to go in there, but I couldnt take her in on my own, especially having Summer to hold as well.
At about 11am it was time to head home because Summer was getting tired and cranky. Paige I had to drag out of the pool, she was having too much fun. Summer had a good sleep after her lunch but not so with Paige, she didnt want to have a bar of sleeping. Its getting awful tiring having to entertain a 3 year old. She wanted to go outside to play but it was so hot, I went outside with bare feet and burned them on the front porch it was that hot!
On Monday she starts Occasional Care again so at least she will have a day with other kids, the poor thing has been climbing the walls, wanting to go out. She is so happy when I take her to the shops she just loves going out, it doesnt matter where. She is a social butterfly my Paige. We are possibly taking the girls to the Aquatic centre in Melton tomorrow, they have indoor and outdoor pools there, I doubt Ill be going to the gym, although Im really wanting to go, its still too hot.
1 comment:
Yeah, things are pretty hot when you can burn your feet on concrete that hasn't even had the sun on it :o
You are SUCH a good Mummy, taking them both to the pool on your own in such scorching heat. I took my 1 and it was enough of a juggle!
Looking forward to the lightning show today and tomorrow? 37º, 34º and storms they're predicting....
Post a Comment