Thursday, January 29, 2009

Make It Stop!!

For the love of God, make this heat stop!! It got to 44 degrees in Melbourne today, I dont know how much it got to in Bacchus Marsh, Im sure it was about that much here too.  At 3am it was like 30 degrees, how horrible.  This morning I noticed that the local pool was open early, I was going to take the girls for a paddle but decided against it.  Too many fucking teenagers, and whats more, they all have to hang out in the kiddie's wading pool, WTF?? I dont get why they have to do that when there is a fucking Olympic sized pool for them to swim in.

So we stayed indoors yet again, with Paige refusing to have her afternoon sleep, and screaming her disapproval at me putting her in her room.  At least she let Summer have her sleep but when Summer woke up all she did was whine and cry and carry on, I think I mentioned she is cutting teeth so she isnt a very happy girly at the moment.  She walks around the house following me and crying.

To make matters worse, I had a case of the runs today (sorry for the TMI) Im sure it was the bug that Paige had, and I felt so tired so I had a bit of a snooze on the couch while the girls sat and watched Hi 5 over and over.  Tomorrow we are in for more hell fire weather, so another long, boring day stuck inside.  It feels like that post about me whinging about not having a proper summer has come back to bite me in the bum, I dont even know when we are in for some relief!

2 comments:

Being Me said...

Urrrrgh so it was YOU and your "where's our summer gone?" comment that I can blame? ;P

Isn't it just putrid. At least our local pool (been there two days in a row and counting, they must be making a pretty penny) is diligent about older kids in the toddler pools. Can't imagine how you go with two littlies, having to fight off the older unsupervised teens who have seemingly no thought for how scary they might be to younguns.

Good luck tomorrow. Relief is in sight! It's "only" going to be in the 30's til the end of next week now! LOL.

Janna said...

Awfully inconsiderate and selfish of those teens to be hanging out in the kiddie pool. There ought to be an age limit. Is there a management office where you can voice your concerns?

Gosh, I hope you get some relief from the heat soon. I feel guilty complaining about all the snow and ice we've had so far this Winter.

xoxo