Saturday, January 05, 2008

Second Generation Bratz Lover

Ever since I can remember, I always dreamed of having a little girl to buy dolls for and play dolls with her. Yes I know, dolls are for kids and not grown up women, but Im a big kid at heart and I love dolls. As some of you know I was collecting Bratz dolls a couple of years ago before I even conceived Paige. All up I got about 10 dolls but then as soon as I found out I was pregnant with Paige I stopped collecting them to save my cash for baby things.

I put them away in a box as they were on display in my "office" which is now Paige's room. I had to put them away because we were doing up that room as her room and besides that I was sick of them falling off the shelf whenever I brushed past it. I vowed to give them to Paige when she grew up as they were not suitable for a baby to play with of course. When she was born, my aunty gave her a baby bratz doll and she gave me a proper Bratz doll for my collection and theyre both still in their packaging in Paige's room.

Anyways, Paige has really gotten into dolls in the last few months and she has loads of baby dolls but no proper Barbies. Yesterday, I went into her room and noticed she had discovered the box with the Bratz dolls and began playing with them. I took off all the small bits, including their feet as I dont want her to swallow anything small and she had a grand old time playing with them and throwing them around by their hair. I sat down near her and gave her a small plastic dolly's brush and helped her brush the Bratz' hair. She thought she was so cleaver and gave out little satisfied laughs and giggles as she brushed the doll's hair.

Its so cute seeing her play with them, and I got my wish, I now not only have 1 daughter, but also another daughter to play dolls with when she gets a bit older. No doubt theyll probably have cat fights over who is going to play with which doll, but thats all part of the fun of having kids I suppose!

I took some pics of Paige playing with the dolls, I had loads more but Photobucket is playing up tonight. Enjoy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

nic said...

That is so cute!
My DD has loved any dolls froma young age too, she is now 7 and still loves them.

Has Paige had a hair cut? I love the style she has now.

Jude said...

Oh I remember both you and Janna collecting Bratz dolls, and now that you've had 2 babies it seems like such a long time ago!

You were meant to have little girls, Danni. ;-)

Janna said...

Oooh goody!!! When I saw the title of your new entry I just KNEW what it was about! I've been waiting for day when you'd introduce Paige to your Bratz collection. Remember what fun we had IM chatting about those sassy dolls, giving them dialogue as if they were long-distance cousins? OMG, what a couple of overgrown kids we were, but it was fun and we had some good chuckles over our silliness. I still have the one you sent me plus one more I purchased myself. I've since found that people either love 'em or hate 'em, but whateva ... Bratz always make me think of you whenever I see them displayed in a store :o)

I agree w/Jude that you were absolutely destined to have baby girls! The pics of Paige are adorable, and please post more when Photobucket decides to cooperate again. xoxo

Danni said...

Nic~ Nope, Paige hasnt had a haircut, I do intend on taking her though, I usually just cut her fringe myself although I dont have a very steady hand.

Jude~ It does seem like an eternity ago doesnt it?

Miss J~ LOL, actually I do remember the pretend dialogue between the dolls! I was thinking about it yesterday while sitting there with Paige watching her play. I still like to look at the Bratz in the dolly aisle and make mental notes about the dolls I will buy the kids in the future, lol

Kelly & Sam Pilgrim-Byrne said...

Love the second pic where she's staring straight into the doll's eyes! Too cute!