What a wonderfully busy weekend I had this weekend! Yesterday, Rob and my grandfather were fixing our carport and I really didnt feel like being cooped up inside again. So I picked up the girls and headed down to the shopping centre to spend some money! Paige had some money given to her for her birthday from her great nonna and nonno (Rob's grandparents), plus Summer got given a Coles/Myer gift card worth $50, then they also got $50 between them for Christmas from their great nonna and nonno so I decided that it was time to go spend it on some winter threads for them both.
Target had some really cute autumn/winter things so I picked up a couple of cute outfits for Paige. A pink and gray tracksuit with embroidery on the jacket, and I also got her a denim pinafore. I also chose some Tweety bird flanny pyjamas for winter. I decided to buy her a potty too. Not that Im going to toilet train her right away, I figured Id get her to sit on it before her bath, just to get used to it, and well if she pees in it then so be it, if she doesnt, no great hurry. I know it may take longer for her to be potty trained but hey Im not worried.
Then it was time to get Summer some clothes for winter but I honestly couldnt find anything I really liked as the new season stuff was just coming in so I decided to wait. I headed down to Best n Less to exchange a layette that my MIL bought for Summer before she was born. I think MIL thought I was going to have a tiny baby because she bought it in 00000, so I exchanged it for a bigger size, and while I was in there I found a cute outfit for Summer which consisted of leggings and a dress, in pink of course! Oh how I love little girls and dressing them up! I get more pleasure out of buying clothes for them these days rather than buying clothes for myself. Im resisting buying clothes for me until I shed some weight.
After a lunch stop, I headed over to Boarders books and spent some cash there! I bought two baby record books and a novel called "Defiant Birth" which Ive been wanting to read for ages. I thought Id better take the stuff I picked and go to the counter before I spend more money! I love book shops and can never look when Rob is around, he doesnt like books, so it was wonderful to spend some time alone and browse. I felt like buying a couple of the Seinfeld DVD box sets too but Id spent over $100 just on books so I thought Id take my purchases and go home. I was getting weary wheeling a pram and carrying my bags. Thats one reason why I missed Rob being with me.......I didnt have my bag carrier there to carry my shopping, lol!
2 comments:
There's just nothing like some good ol' retail therapy! LOL
Now I can't wait to see pics of your girls in some of those outfits.
Oh I totally agree, Retail Therapy Rocks!
So glad you got out and had a nice day with your girlies. I also love to leisurely browse through book stores, and Borders is one of my fave places to do just that.
xoxo
Post a Comment