Paige was never a wonderful sleeper during the day. From the moment she came home from hospital after she was born, she turned into a catnapper and it lasted until she was 12 months old. We went to Sleep school for her catnapping habits and it helped a little, but it was still pretty hit n miss. Then when she turned a year old, I bit the bullet and put her in her cot for a daytime nap. I knew there would be cries of protest from her but I had to do it for her sake cos once she gets tired she gets cranky, like any other kid does.
I got ready for the crying and protesting but luckily for me, she didnt protest at all and went straight to sleep. Her daytime sleeps have been great. Ill put her down after she has lunch and she will usually sleep anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours, then she'll wake up refreshed and ready to play again! But in the last couple of weeks, her sleeping habits during the day have gone from fabulous to not so great!
Ill put her down for her usual sleep and instead she will screatch and yell out to me from there cos she doesnt want to sleep! First Ill hear her throw her toys over board, then the chatting will get louder and louder till it becomes a high pitched screatching sound. Then she will usually lose her dummy overboard as well so then she'll start to cry. In goes mummy to give her the dummy and see if she is okay. Ill try to clamp the dummy chain back onto her outfit but she'll just muck around and play, so I give up and leave it on her pillow.
Ill leave the room and shut the door and the sreatching will begin again. Itll go quiet and you think that she is sleeping but then after a few minutes she'll start to whinge and carry on again. So after about an hour of this I usually give up and let her get out of bed, but the little bugger will yawn and then get whiny by arouned 4ish in the afternoon. I really hope that this isnt the end of her daytime napping cos I need some time out from her and she needs to have a rest too. The kid's batteries never seem to run out! And sometimes it makes it an extremely looooonnnnngggg day when she hasnt slept!
2 comments:
Here's hoping Paige's napping pattern goes back to normal soon! (Hey Miss P, Mummy needs her alone-time to work on her writing project, lol).
xoxo
I hope you can get her back into a napping pattern again soon Danni. Let us know how it goes!
Post a Comment