Thursday, January 10, 2008

Im Declairing War On My Waistline!

Went to the gym tonight for my usual workout and also signed up for W.O.W or War On Waistlines. Its a 12 week challenge which includes personal training plus Fernwood's Slimplicity weight management programme. I figured I needed to do something about my weight. Sure Im working out but Im still not eating right.

Im a terrible snacker and Im always snacking. I find that while Im feeding Paige, Ill have a spoonful of her pasta or whatever she is eating, and that contributes to my weight gain! I also tend to have large portion sizes at dinner time. I find that I can eat a huge steak when I dont really need to eat all that meat. A palm sized portion of protein is all one needs. Deep fried chips are another of my weaknesses, I must admit to having those with dinner most nights. Im also guilty of skipping breakfast some days, and just have coffee.

I was weighed tonight and to my horror, the scales showed that Im 77kg! I almost fell to the floor I was that shocked! My body fat % is 35 and it should be around 25 for my height and age. So yes Im quite disappointed in myself! I feel like a fat slob at the moment, moreso cos AF has returned and I guess Im retaining fluid!

I hope that by the end of this 12 week challenge that Im looking and feeling great! I feel so down with myself. I look at some clothes I still have in my closet from my "thin" days pre pregnancy and I feel so sad that I cant fit into them anymore! I would dearly love to fit into my old size 11 jeans. I shall keep you updated with my progress! Im so excited, it all starts on February 4th!!

In other news, I had an appointment with my psychiatrist today and no longer have to see her, instead she told me to see my GP as Im doing wonderfully. She also said to stay on meds for at least 12 months. Im finally starting to beat this thing! GO ME!!!

2 comments:

Jude said...

Good for you honey, on both counts! You'll beat the depression yet, and good luck with "WOW", keep us posted okay?

Janna said...

That is wonderful news, Miss D, and good luck with the WOW exercising program. Keep us updated on your progress. I need to start exercising too, feel like such a porker since the Holidays, ugh.

xoxo