Thursday, January 03, 2008

Giggles & Cooing A-Plenty

My baby girl is giggling! Its the cutest thing! I love to make faces and stick out my tongue and she gives me a huge giggle. She is also a bit of a chatterbox and has started cooing. Its soo cute, I just want to eat her up. Last night I left Summer with her daddy while I visited the loo and I could hear her chatting to her daddy from there.

This is such a cute age because of their interaction. I honestly cant remember Paige giggling as much or being as vocal at this age. If my memory serves me correctly, Paige didnt really start cooing and vocalizing till about 3.5 to 4 months, and the giggles didnt come till then either, but now I cant shut her up, she is so chatty and when she laughs its like she is going to burst her seam.

Rob usually plays with her during the evening after dinner while Im doing the dishes (daddy/daughter time I call it), and I can hear her squeeling with laughter and it sounds so cute, I love to hear my babies laugh and chat. I look forward to when Paige actually starts to talk and say proper words, not just "Mumma, Dadda and Bubba". Her latest word though is "Ummmm" while pointing at the pantry or fridge or her water bottle. At least she can communicate wonderfully already but it would make life so much easier if she could talk. Hopefully she will see the speechy this year, plus the grommets will make all the difference to her speech development.

In other news, Id like to just say that Paige went down for her nap without a fuss today! Woohoo! Im hoping that the other times she fussed and carried on was because daddy was home and she wanted to be with him (she is a daddy's girl if you havent already noticed).

2 comments:

Janna said...

I love hearing babies coo and giggle too. It is the most soothing sound and always makes me smile :o)

So glad to hear Paige took her nap without a fuss. Let's hope it continues!
xoxo

Jude said...

Ditto what Janna said, that's great news and maybe it was just because Daddy was home. :-)

I LOVE the sound of babies giggling!