I swear, since having kids Ive lost half of my brain! I had "placenta brain" whilst pregnant with both of my girls, but now I think I have a permanent case of it cos Ive been doing such dumbass things of late, and also being forgetful at the ripe age of 34. Some things Ive done couldve been avoided if a little care was given, but as I said Ive lost half of my brain so I sometimes dont think. Lets look back on some of the dumbass things Ive done.
~ I bought Paige a pack of crayons a few months ago and we went to mums and I took them with me but I left them in the car, not thinking that theyre wax. I went to get them out last week and they had melted into a gooey mess. What was I expecting after days of searing heat? "Well duh, Danni, theyre wax and wax melts in the heat."
~ Ive flooded the laundry countless times, the most recent incident was today! Last week on New Years Eve I was doing washing and had the door shut so Paige wouldnt go into the laundry. Rob walked in there and I heard him shout "Oh Shit Danni!!!" and I walk in to see the laundry floor and corridor flooded! Man was I pissed! Not only did I have a huge mess to clean up but I had more washing to do. Stupid me didnt see that the waste pipe of the washing machine was actually not in the sink...Doh! And my cats were in there too!lol!
~Ive gone to the shops specifically to buy cat food only to come back without the catfood. I wouldnt have flinched had I not seen my cats hanging around me with forlorn looking faces wondering where the hell their food was.
~Ive gone shopping and forgotten half the stuff on my list.
~Ive baked cakes only to have them burn because Ive left them in too long.
So there you have it, a brief summary of stuff that Ive done thats been so damn stupid! I think the crayons left in a hot car and flooding the laundry countless times takes the cake though! How incredibly stupid of me! Youd think after numerous times flooding my laundry Id check before hand to see if there was anything blocking my sink. Maybe one day Ill remember.
2 comments:
I am certain this must come with having kids....I do dumb sh!t all the time!! You're not alone :)
Hah! Wait until you get mentalpausal like me! LOL
You know Danni, the only thing that has saved me from disaster so far (touch wood) is that I write notes to myself and stick them where I'll see them to remember to do certain things. In your case, a big ol' note on the laundry machine to check the drain pipe.
And we're not alone either; my sister stuffed some plastic tupperware in her oven to get them off the counter when she had company coming, then days later turned on her oven to heat it up for baking. DUH! She ruined her oven and had to buy a new stove!
Then there was the time I was melting wax on the stove to make candles. I started doing housework while waiting and forgot the wax..... I started a damn fire. Good thing my nose works well!!
Post a Comment