I finally bit the bullet the other night and decided to move Summer into her cot in her own room. She was getting too big for the bassinette and I could tell she was uncomfortable in it. A few nights this week she woke up during the night and whenever she moved and kicked her legs the whole thing would move. So I decided to move her into her lovely spacious cot.
I was going to move her in there when she was 4 months anyway but thought I should do it sooner rather than later because clearly it was uncomfortable for her in that old fashioned wicker bassinette. The only problem now is that if she wakes during the night because she kicks her wrap off, or wants her dummy, I have to get out of bed and go down the hall to her room and resettle. I had to get up twice last night because she lost her dummy, but its okay, I dont mind. When she gets uncovered she obviously gets chilly and cant get back to sleep so I have to re wrap her.
The first night in her room, she took a while to settle, which was natural I guess, although I do put her in her cot during the day so youd think she was used to it, but at night everything looks different, especially to a little baby. I also had trouble getting to sleep that night cos I was so used to her being in our room. I remember when I shifted Paige into her room and then into her cot, she looked so tiny in that huge cot! Summer doesnt look so tiny cos she aint a tiny little girl like Paige was. I always leave her night light on until she falls asleep too, then I switch it off once I know she is in a deep sleep.
Im gonna have to stop wrapping her shortly too because the little bugger always manages to come out of her wrap. She is a mini Houdini, lol. Id doesnt surprise me actually because she kicks so bloody much, even in utero, she was always kicking me, which was very reassuring, its just annoying now because she manages to come unwrapped when she kicks. I tell you she has ants in her nappy! Its like she is bike riding sometimes the way those little chubby legs move around, its a joy to see though and funny!
The other day I felt like moving Paige's cot from against the wall, to down the middle of her room, and when it came for her to go to bed, she started screaming because she didnt like the way I had moved the bed! So I had to go back in there and move it to the original position! Kids are so funny at times, they like things a certain way and act all strange if you disrupt things, sheesh!
3 comments:
Awww, Summer sounds like a real live wire the way she moves around all the time, lol. I can understand how she and Paige keep you hopping, lol.
Btw, I love the new pic of Nikki. It's got to be one of the best I've seen of him, imo. xoxo
Haha how cute is Paige. It's funny how much they 'know' about their familiar surroundings.
Kylie
xxx
It must take some getting used to, not having your baby in your room! Not to mention how the baby must get used to it too. They're both growing so fast though, soon enough they'll be wanting their own privacy in their rooms LOL
Post a Comment