Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Words

Today while I was giving the girls a bath I was shocked to discover that Summer has learned a new word. At first I just thought it was a once off thing but then afterwards I said it again and she repeated it back to me, Im so excited! Anyhoo, the way it came about was that Paige and Summer always seem to be making a mess, if its not playing with papers, then its emptying out their chest of drawers and putting clothes all over the place.

Whenever I see the girls making a mess, Ill say "Are you two making a mess again?" Then this arvo while I was giving them a bath, they were each playing with a wet face washer and Summer was flicking her very wet face washer around everywhere, getting water all over me and the bathroom so I said to her "Summer, dont make a mess!" and she replied "A mess." I was taken a back! I honestly thought it was a one off thing and she wouldnt say it again.

I got them out of the bath and took them into our room to let them have their nudie time jumping on our bed and I thought Id ask Summer if she was making a mess and she said "A mess." Its so cute, I just had to keep asking her and she kept telling me "A mess" but it sounds like "A meth." Finally she can say other words apart from "This" and "Mumma" and "Doo Doo Doo". She has also been saying something along the lines of "Dabadabadab" , I honestly dont know what that means, it sound like "Yabadabadoo", lol!

Paige is kind of saying a few things, and I hope her speech takes off now that Summer is saying a few more words. Between you and me I was starting to worry about Summer and was going to tell the MCHN at our 18 month check up in a couple of weeks. I will still keep an eye on it, (or that should be an ear on it?) and see how she goes. Im not too concerned about it and neither is the Nurse, I guess that she is just copying Paige with the speech, if Paige was talking then she would follow and I always repeat everything to the girls.

In other Summer news, she is cutting more teeth and yesterday after mum dropped them back home after their outing with Nanna, she was very miserable. All she did was whinge, cry, tug at her ears and wanted to be cuddled. She was very tired after not having a snooze during the day, only a short snooze in the car on the way home. She didnt eat much last night either and she had a bit of constipation thanks to her eating too many bananas! Im sure the baby was a monkey in her former life, she loves bananas but if she eats too many then they bind her. To make it worse, Paige hit her on the head with a DVD cover which resulted in more tears. She was in bed early and had some panadol to ease the pain.

Im not sure if its molars, but I do know its teeth, she puts her whole hand in her mouth and just gnaws on it, bloody teeth! Paige is a little better this week, but she is such a social butterfly my girl, she wants to go out every day! Today she was climbing the walls and kept signalling me to put her in the car to take her out but I had already been out for the day and wasnt about to wake Summer just so Miss Paige could go out and paint the town. Im taking her out tomorrow though, even if it is to the GP for a follow up on her very horrible cough, and then she will be going to the gym with me on Friday so will have a play there.

These kids wear me out!

No comments: