Monday, March 02, 2009

In A World Of Pain

Thats where I am right now!! I went to the gym yesterday and had my own work out and Im very sore. Ive been sore since about Friday but yesterday's effort left me feeling sorer. I started off with running for 10 mins on the treadmill, without stopping, may I add. Ive never done that before. When I started running on the treadmill last year as part of my personal training sessions during WOW, Id stop after 5 mins, or maybe even 3 mins, and Id be too scared to let go of the hand rails.

Im so proud of myself that I managed to run without stopping for 10 whole minutes. I think it was about 1.5 kms. Not much really but it was a big deal for me as Ive never completed 10 minutes worth of running on the treadmill. After that I did a weights session which included leg press, squats, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, french presses and chest press. I ended it with another 10 minute run on the treadmill, again without stopping. Altogether I ran for 20 minutes!

Today Im really feeling it! My legs are aching, my arms are aching, my chest is aching, but I went back for more today! I went and did a fitball class this morning which was very hard. It wasnt the type of class that left you breathless and exhausted, but it made you work very hard indeed. Trying to sit on a fitball with your core switched on and lifting weights.

I found the ab work hardest of all. By the end of it I was in so much agony, but it was a fun class and Ill definitely be doing it again next monday. I really need to focus on my abs and keeping the core switched on, Im so used to slouching so it will be hard to break that habit. Im going to try to get to the gym at least 4 times a week from now on. I want to challenge myself and get to my goal weight faster.

I want to get out of my comfort zone and burn more fat and gain more lean muscle. Since I wont be doing the "Get Real Results" challenge this year, I may as well do my own challenge and mix it up a bit. I love Pump and combat but I really want to do other classes and my own stuff as well, otherwise itll get boring doing the same stuff over and over!

4 comments:

TuTu's Bliss said...

I NEED to start working out. I need more hours in the day. I cut blogging and replace it with a morning run...... NOPE. I think I will just have to blog on over and excercise cyber style by just reading about YOUR work outs ;)

The Blonde Duck said...

Am I crazy because I like it when I'm in pain after working out?

Janna said...

That is fantastic, Miss D, good for you! I got a different kind of work out today ... shoveling 12in of snow! (I think that translates to about 30cm?) OMG, we got a huge No'easter storm overnight that left everyone stranded at home. It was nice to have a Monday off work though, lol.

Best of luck with your classes, and I hope you can reach your goals soon!

xoxo

Being Me said...

Oh well done Dan! I'm another who really loves to feel the burn the next day.

You know what sport I used to play and I would feel EVERY muscle in my body (well...just about but ykwim)? Indoor cricket. It was vicious! But I was soooo fit.