Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Bottomless Pit & The Sparrow

My two girls are like chalk and cheese when it comes to food and eating!  On one hand I have The Sparrow, A KA Paige who hardly eats and would much rather share my food or Summer's food.  On the other hand I have The Bottomless Pit, A KA Summer who is always bloody eating! I lost track at what she consumed today but whenever I saw her she was shoving something into that cute little mouth of hers, or coming up to mum or I, begging for food like she hadnt been fed for years.

Today, she had a small tub of yoghurt for breakfast, followed by half a hot cross bun.  Then when we got to my grandma's house, she pointed to the bananas so my grandma gave her half a banana, which she shoved into her mouth hastily.  Me and Paige went to the Dr while Summer stayed with my grandma and she had some boiled soup pasta with butter.  When we got home from the Dr I gave Paige her lunch which was also pasta and Summer was hovering wanting some of Paige's lunch.

Paige ate about 3 spoonfuls and then got sick of eating, so I gave some to Summer to get rid of her.  Then after that she had a jar of Blueberry Muesli puree, which she shared with Paige.  When it was time for me to eat my lunch, who should be hovering near by? Well Summer of course.  I had crackers with cheese and vegemite and she wasnt interested but wanted some of my grandma's cheese.  Later when we got home she was hovering around for more food, while Paige had some toast because she didnt really eat any lunch today.

Paige did manage to eat her dinner tonight and Summer had a bit but I think she was full from today's grazing.  Its funny though, because if Paige doesnt want her food, and Summer comes near it, she starts getting angry at her and pushing her away from her plate.  It used to worry me when Paige didnt eat much but I now know that she will eat if she is hungry, no point in pushing her to eat.  I made the girls Quasadillas tonight because Rob and I had Fajitas and they were a bit spicy and Paige ate most of hers so I was happy. 

At least one of my kids eats, the other eats like a little Sparrow, subsiding on small portions, ah well, she is happy, no point stressing over it.

2 comments:

That Girl said...

Hi, stopping by from SITS. Things may change with your girls (I have 3 girls) our youngest used to eat everything and anything now she wont eat at all. She used to like people just because they had food. lol

Janna said...

Wow, Summer has some appetite for a little one, and I was getting full just reading all the food she consumed in one day, lol! As you said, Miss Paige won't starve and will eat whenever she's hungry. Wish I were like that *snort*