Thats how I describe today as....Blissful! My mum came and collected the girls from my house this morning as she has carseats for them now, and took them to her place, while I trotted off to the gym for two hours! I havent had a child free day for a while, and mum will be taking the kids every second week so I can have some time out! I know I probably sound mean for saying so but it was a stress free day!
So I started off at the gym and did cycle first, my first cycle class in a while and my bum didnt handle it very well, even though I had a terrific workout! After 45 mins of cycle I did my pump class and again it was awesome, although my legs, my inner thighs in particular are aching, most likely from doing fitball yesterday. We did a lot of lower body work and I think my legs are copping in this week. Last week it was my abs, this week my inner thighs.
I thought I was going to drop my barbell today in pump while laying on the bench doing chest presses. My left arm was burning and I just couldnt wait for the track to finish, it seemed to go on forever. And yesterday, I had another run on the treadmill and I have a new personal best.....9.5km/h!! I know it doesnt seem like much but to a novice like me its a milestone, my next challenge is getting to 10km/h, for 10 mins without stopping. If I can do it for 9.5km/h then I can do it for 10km/h.
Anyways, after the gym I had a shower, then came home and had a nice quiet lunch, then decided to go to the shops to spend my birthday dosh but unfortunately I couldnt find anything decent in the way of clothes at Kmart, so I saved my money for another time, I just didnt want to buy any old thing. I was thinking to get the More Brain Training DS game but I thought to wait for now, Im having heaps of fun with the one I have at the moment.
Speaking of training and personal bests and what not, I did my daily brain training and my brain age yesterday was,......wait for it.......56 years! Not bad, but then tonight I did it and it went back up to 62, so I guess my brain is very tired and old, lol. I was happy to see the girls again this afternoon, I did miss them very much and it was lovely to be made a fuss over when they saw me.
2 comments:
Good for you having some much-deserved "me" time! And how wonderful of your mum to take the girlies. Sounds like you had a fun day, and I don't blame you for saving your birthday money for a better variety of clothes.
So I'm loving the new profile pic! ;D
xoxo
Congrats on finding time and being dedicated...I cannot seem to get into a fitness routine.
Post a Comment