Well, as you know it was Summer's first birthday yesterday, so we took both of the girls to the Melbourne Zoo. It was a gorgeous spring day, just warm enough with a cool breeze. We hadnt been to the Zoo since 5 days before Paige was born. I had a huge 39 week belly and it was the same sort of weather and extremely hard to walk around with a watermelon. Anyway, yesterday was great!
Summer was oblivious to the fact that there were animals to see, she was happy to sit in her pram, sipping her water and having snacks. Paige on the other hand wanted to get out and walk and she did at first. She pointed to the gorillas thru the glass, wondering what on earth this huge creature was. She had more fun walking around than she did watching the animals. I think though some of the animal sounds spooked her out, like the Baboons. A couple of them were having a bit of a tiff and made horrendous noises and she freaked out.
At one point she wanted to be carried but I refused to carry her and instead told her to hold my hand, which she did. She reminds me of a small dog that wants to be carried around all the time. We went to see the Orangutang enclosure which has been upgraded since my last visit, and an orangutang came right up to the glass in front of Paige, she was awestruck! We took a picnic lunch and found a lovely grassed area under a shady tree and had lunch, although Summer was happier trying to crawl after the seagulls!
After lunch we went and had a look at the big cats, who were doing their best at being lazy. There were no sign of any smaller cats though, which Im disappointed about because I love the wild cats, but the enclosures were being upgraded I think. Ah well, I said to Rob today that why go and see a small wild cat lazing around when I can see one here (ie Panda). By this stage Paige wanted back in her stroller and she soon fell asleep, so did Summer so after we walked around for another half an hour or so, we decided to head home as the girls were both buggered.
We had a wonderful day, and Im so glad I took them. We gave Summer her present and we also gave Paige one of hers yesterday so she wouldnt feel left out. We have another one to give to Summer on Sunday when we give Paige her other present on her actual birthday. Here are some pics from yesterday...
2 comments:
Great pics Danni! Looks like everyone had a great time too, and nice weather. Summer looks so much like Rob!
Oh yes, I completely agree that Summer looks very much like her daddy. I'm so glad you had a great time at the zoo and that the weather cooperated. Love the new pics, too!
xoxo
Post a Comment