Because thats how my mother in law treats me! Sorry about this but its gonna be a venting post! Fuck, my MIL really gives me the shits at times. She rang yesterday afternoon, and wanted to speak to Rob but he wasnt home and she knew he wasnt home. She simply said "Can you get Robbie to call me when he gets home from work." Its partly my fault cos I shouldve asked if I could help in any way, but I was so busy with the kids that I just said "sure, no problem".
Anyway, she was being a buttinsky again, all because my SIL hadnt recieved her invitation to the girls' birthday party and of course, MIL took it upon herself to find out why we havent sent it yet. Jesus H! Cant she mind her friggen business? Then she had to ask Rob why he doesnt talk to his sister, blah, blah, blah, which is total rot, because he does ring his sister every once and a while. Rob isnt the type of person to call his family every single day.
Its partly my fault with the invitation but shit, cant she talk to me about it instead of wanting to talk to her son all the time? Fucking hell, Ive only been married to him for 10 years, and Ive only been part of the family for 13 years, yet she still has to go directly to him and treat me as if Im the hired help, or as my mother put it to me "a fuck on the side" , (my mum swears like a trouper sometimes, *snort*) . She is always butting in or being a pain in the ass, and she expects way too much of Rob, way too much!
For instance, sometimes, Rob will ask his father if he can help him with something around the house and his mother will jump in and say "Oh we'll help you do this but you have to help daddy do this." She can never just do us a favour from her heart, its always got to be in exchange for something. Another example was last year, she had bought all these lavender plants and she asked Rob to dig holes for her to plant them because my FIL had had surgery so he couldnt do it. Fair enough, but shit, cant she dig a few small holes to plant her friggen lavender?
Sorry about venting about my MIL again, and yes I am taking my meds so its got nothing to do with me being depressed, Im just sick of my MIL who is supposed to love me like her own daughter, treating me like Im a stranger! I think its about time I start sticking up for myself and stop letting her walk all over me!
5 comments:
Arrrgghhhhh to MIL's! I have to say, mine is a gem Danni! Yeah like you needed to hear that LOL
Sorry to hear she is STILL being as she always has seemed to be! Interferring and annoying!!!
LOL you hit the nail on the head!
Oh dear, this woman has been getting under your skin for years now. I wish she'd knock it off already and stop being so thoughtless and overbearing. Arrrggghhh is right! >:o(
xoxo
Oh Danni. I understand, really I do. My MIL hates me with a passion and has been getting under my skin for 11 years now.
Blah to her!! She doesn't deserve you.
K x
You're right Danni, you need to start standing up for yourself where that woman is concerned.
It would be good to point out to her that she must be very glad that Rob's own MIL treats him so nicely, and wouldn't it be only fair if SHE did the same thing for Rob's wife???
Post a Comment