This time 3 years ago, I was in my ward at the hospital sans baby Paige. She was not quite 3 hours old yet and she had been taken up to the ninth floor to the Special Care Nursery, while I languished in the ward without my bubba! I was in a funny place, an anti climax, having been in labour all day long, then being rushed into theatre for an emergency c/section, it felt weird having gone thru all that and having no baby by my side.
Instead I was having my obs done every half an hour or whatever, and the nurse on duty expressing colostrum from my boobs to give to Paige up on the ninth. I was so tired I wanted to sleep but I was also excited and wondered what my baby girl looked like, I had only seen her for a few minutes before they took her and sent me to recovery.
Now here we are three years later and she is such a wonderful, active, happy child! Loves being with people, and is non stop! She has started throwing the odd wobbly but its to be expected, she cant be good all the time! Anyway, to mark this momentous occasion of Paige turning 3 and Summer turning 1 last week, we had a family bbq today. It was a wonderful day, and I was in a better state of mind this year than last year!
I was happy to be around people, and wasnt feeling stressed or upset, and I didnt cry! Last year I had just had Summer and clearly I wasnt ready for celebrations but wanted to have on anyway. This year it was cruisy and I got to enjoy myself! The girls had a blast too, and got wonderful presents. Of course they got totally spoiled! Mum and I made the cakes yesterday and it took all day to bake them and frost and decorate them but they turned out good for a couple of ameture cake decorators!
I did have pics to post but since Blogger lost my post I will post pics from the party tomorrow, sorry everyone, back tomorrow with pictures
5 comments:
A Very Happy 3rd Birthday to darling Paige! Oh yes, I remember all the trauma you went through during those first hours after her birth, but she is a delightful child and her Aunty J adores her from afar!
Looking forward to seeing the party pics :o)
xoxo
I know I repeat this so much (forgive me I'm gettin' OLD) but I just can't believe where the time goes!! It only seems like maybe a year or so ago you just had Paige, and now you have 2 beautiful little girlies! :-)
Happy Birthday Paige! *muah* From your "other" (Canuk) Auntie J, LOL!
Happy birthday to your gorgeous girl!
Can't wait to see the pics!
Big hugs for you xxxx Separation after that euphoria is so hard. Three years! Man. Happy (horridly belated) birthday to your gorgey girl Paige!
Happy Birthday Paige from your Aunt Peachy and Livy too! I love the gifts she got. Livy loves Dora too!
Sorry, it's belated and hope Paige had a wonderful birthday.
Post a Comment