Ugh...its happened, the sibling rivalry has started! Its taken Paige a year to start feeling left out. She has been so clingy towards me, I guess because of her being sick is one reason, but at the moment she only has eyes for her mummy and if I have to pick up Summer or do anything with Summer for that matter, she starts to get upset and throw a tantrum.
Today, I took Paige outside for a play while Summer was still asleep, and she was happy, but then when I took Summer outside with us, Paige started getting upset and wanted to go inside. Then later on she wanted to draw but Summer came along and she lost all interest and began getting angry because Summer wanted to draw as well.
It breaks my heart when I see Paige getting upset because I have to give Summer attention. When I have to change Summer's nappy, Paige starts getting upset and wants to be cuddled. She gets upset when Im holding Summer and wants to be held as well. Luckily Paige isnt heavy other wise Id be in trouble with two heavy children in my arms. I just wish she understood that I love her just as much as I love Summer, and that Summer is a little baby still and needs to be carried around because she cant walk yet.
Im sure she starts crying when I drop her at Occasional Care because she sees me going home with Summer, but I do it so Paige can have interaction with other children, not cos I want a break. Sometimes on weekends if I have to go shopping, Ill take Paige with me and leave Summer at home with Rob so he can spend time with her and I can spend time with Paige. I like having one on one time with Paige, Im going to have to cut out her day sleeps so we can spend more one on one time.
Today on a few occasions I saw Paige pushing Summer over, and at one stage, she pushed her quite hard and Summer fell on the floor and hit her head on the floor boards. I gave Paige a very firm NO, which resulted in more tears. I think Im going to have to establish the naughty corner if this gets out of hand.
3 comments:
Ah yes, the naughty corner. I remember those!
Good luck Danni, I know Paige is just too young to understand yet.
Aww, I agree with Jude. Paige is just at the beginning of learning that she has to share mummy with her baby sis. All the best to you!
xoxo
Your girls are just so adorable. :) im sorry i havent left a comment lately, been busy with my dad.
I hope Summer and Paige are feeling better, i think i read in a previous post that they were sick??
Post a Comment