Today I thought Id put the craft supplies I got for Paige to good use. I parked Paige at the dining table, and Summer in her high chair and thought we'd start off with some finger painting. Well that well and truely backfired on me as no sooner did I squeeze a dollop of hot pink paint onto the paper, then Summer was sticking her painted coated fingers into her mouth and eating it! She had hot pink paint all smeared on her lips and tongue.
Paige soon followed suit and decided that it must taste good if her sister is eating it, so she did it too! Ye gads!! We cant have them eating paint, so I took their paper away and cleaned them up. Next I gave them some cardboard cut outs of a catterpiller and a butterfly for them to colour in and decorate for their nanna's birthday coming up in a week. I gave Paige her textas and she started scribbling away but then she got bored with it and decided to taste them instead! What the hell is it with kids and putting everything into their mouths?
I gave Summer a texta and she did a small scribble on her catterpiller. Then we had fun sticking on eyes, and shapes and pom poms on to them, but Paige wanted to eat the craft glue! By that stage she wasnt really interested in doing any more craft work so I took over in decorating said works of "art". I think its really an activity to do with Paige and not Summer as she is still a little too young for that sort of stuff, although, she loves standing at Paige's easle and pretending to draw. Both of them have found though that its much more fun to eat the chalk rather than use it to draw with.
The chalk that came with the easle is more or less all broken as its the normal school chalk and too thin for Paige to hold, Im going to have to invest in sidewalk chalk for them to use instead. Anyway, I gave them both a good soak in the bath as they both had paint and texta on their hands from our craft session this afternoon.
It was a warm day today and we went to the park for a play and we took our sandwiches with us, but Paige was too interested in the play equipment rather than eating. There is a small lake at the park and there are heaps of ducks there so we had a walk around the lake and took a look at some baby ducks that were following their mum. It was a lovely day, especially now that the girls are over their bugs.
3 comments:
Aww, well you had good intentions with the crafts, Miss D, and I can just imagine the mess the girlies made on themselves, yikes!
Glad to hear they are no longer sick and that you had a nice day out in the park :D
xoxo
I'm so glad to hear the girls are feeling better, must be a load off your mind! Sounds like a lovely time at the park, is it starting to get hot there now?
Is Paige related to Sam? He would much rather suck on his paint brush than actually paint with it lol. Sounds like a fun day! lol
Post a Comment