Saturday, February 02, 2008

Just Call Her "Houdini"

Im talking about young Summer, or as my aunty calls her "Jaye bird" (because Jayes are birds and Jaye is her middle name, just a bit of useless info for ya). Last night I had to attend to her twice because she kept on kicking off her wrap and uncovering herself! Of course then she was cold and woke up!

I swear that kid is full of beans and just wont stop with the kicking! I must say it does drive me bananas at times, especially when she decides to kick off her wrap in the middle of the night while mummy is chasing "Z's". Im going to have to find a way to stop her from kicking off her covers. I have one of Paige's old sleeping bags and I might put her in that tonight and see how she goes unwrapped. At least that way the poor thing wont wake up feeling cold during the night.

Its hard at the moment because the days are warm but the nights get chilly yet I dont want to over dress her so she goes to bed in a body suit with short sleeves and then wakes up because she is cold. Paige is no better when it comes to sleeping under blankets. I find her with no covers in the morning, although if I have to attend to Paige during the night because she loses her dummy, Ill often put the quilt over her when she lays down to go back to sleep. When I go back into her room in the morning she is never under the quilt!

She dont take after me in that case because I love to cover my head with the doona, especially on cold nights, if its a hot night then Ill make the exception, lol, however if we sleep with the aircon on then I find I get chilly so I get under my doona. Anyhoo, I must go find that sleeping bag and use it for Summer tonight, I think she is getting a little big for the wrapping anyway and I should stop wrapping her!

3 comments:

Janna said...

Oh yeah, I much prefer the cooler weather for sleeping (I use A/C in the gross humid Summer months too, but don't much care for it). This time of year in the U.S., I turn the thermostat way down so practically no heat comes up overnight, then I get real comfy and cozy burrowing myself under a fleece blanket & down comforter ... lots of pillows too :o)

Good luck with Summer and the sleeping bag, I hope it does the trick in keeping her wrapped throughout the night!

xoxo

Jude said...

I like to have covers on (even in summer I like to at least have a sheet over me) but I often poke my feet out with a fan blowing across the foot of the bed, even in winter as hubby gets cold and I can't turn the heat down. *rolls eyes* I wish HE was menopausal too! LOL

Good luck Danni, I hope the sleeping bag does the trick!

Deb said...

I always put Mandy in a blanket sleeper in the winter for sleeping. That way, if she did kick off her covers, she was still toasty in her sleeper. She wasn't a big blanket kicker though. She liked to snuggle her blanket too much to kick it too far away.