Monday, February 04, 2008

A Horrible Accident!

Saturday night is a night Id rather forget in a hurry, and so would my dear mum! On Saturday night, my parents were over having dinner with us and Summer was in her rocker with us in the kitchen. After dinner I got stuck into the dishes and I told mum to take Summer back into the loungeroom and put her into the playpen because Paige was getting a bit rough with her.

Anyways, mum was carrying the rocker by the bar that you put the toys on, and I must admit Ive carried it like that before, many a time, even though its not really a handle so to speak. I was in the kitchen and suddenly I hear mum shouting "OH MY GOD!!" I went into the lounge and I didnt know what happened at first, until I saw a little baby on the floor face down, then suddenly I heard a hell of a lot of screaming!! The bar that mum was carrying the rocker by had detatched somehow and it fell to the floor with Summer in it and landed on the polished boards!

Mum picked Summer up quickly and began to soothe and comfort her as she was screaming so much, poor little thing had just fallen and was very scared. Paige started to cry then, and then my poor mum started. She felt so guilty even though I told her not to because it wasnt her fault, it couldve happened to me or to my MIL had we been carrying it that way. As I said I had always carried it like that and there is no warning as far as I know, not to hold it by that bar!

After 15 mins of crying, we took her to the local hospital ER to get checked out. Im so frightened of head injuries and concussions, but luckily all was okay and she didnt have any bruises or bumps on her head. The nurse at the ER said that its good that she cried and didnt lose concsiousness, she was very alert and she was smiling and talking to Dr and nurse! I was so scared and so was my poor mum.

It brought back memories of when Paige was about 2 weeks old and I was putting her into the Baby Bjorn, I had her over the bed at the time but she slipped out from the side and landed head first onto the bed, it was awful, I just cried my eyes out! On Saturday I gave Summer a huge, HUGE hug and I thanked God that she was okay! I so never want to relive that experience again!

1 comment:

Janna said...

Thank God Summer is alright, and that you and your Mum were together to give each other support. Aww, I can't imagine how scared and horrified she was at that moment :o(

Hugs to all of you! xoxo