We have never had any trouble with our neighbours. We will always stop and chat and say hi, but one of our neighbours are nicer than the ones on the other side. The family on the other side of our house, well, the woman is a bit of an annoying person and she will never hesitate to say anything to you. Like one time for instance, when we were doing our floors, about 3 years ago, we were staying at my grandparents house and at 3am, my mobile phone goes off. I had a scare because it was so late at night and someone was calling my phone.
Well, it was our neighbour "L". She called to complain that there was a sound coming from our place that sounded like a smoke alarm. When she said that I began to panic, thinking my house was on fire. Add to the fact that I was dying of morning sickness and was half asleep. I had to wake Rob up so he could drive home and see what the story was. It turned out that there was a smoke alarm outside and for some reason, it had gone off.
Then another time, she told us that our dogs bark a lot after we leave, to which we said that we were sorry but we were sure that they didnt bark as much as she was saying. Then last week, while Rob was outside she popped her head over the fence to tell him that our cat was beating up her cat. We shrugged it off, but then tonight she came over while I was out (how convienient) and told Rob that due to our cat beating up her cat, supposedly, that she took her cat to the vet and is now wanting us to pay $200 for the vet costs! She also said we have to keep him inside, and that she had contacted the council.
I dont believe that she called the council and I dont believe that it was our cat. Most days he is inside with me, like today, he was indoors all day long. Well she aint getting a cent out of us, and thats all I have to say on the matter. I still cant get over the fact that she had the nerve to come over and ask us to pay the vet bill! There have been times when our other next door neighbour's tree has been blocking our sewer drains, but not once have I gone to complain about it. Its not worth the hassel and its not worth starting anything that might end up in a dispute between us and them.
If "L" speaks to me I think I may just ignore her, she is a total pain in the ass!
3 comments:
OMG, the nerve of some people! Just ignore her, and I agree that you have no obligation to pay her vets bill. Geez, what a stupid cow!
xoxo
Good lord she sounds like a complete freak job. She's got to be psychotic if she thinks you're really going to pay her damn vet bill!
Oh Danni, I think my old neighbor has moved to your neighborhood LOL, same kinda complaints. In the end I told her to....ahem....F off (and it felt really good !)
Post a Comment