Today I took Summer into the GP to have her 4 month needles. Poor bugger cried her little heart out when she got jabbed, not once but three times in her little pork chop legs. She also had her second dose of Rotavirus vaccine, which she didnt mind, but towards the end she began screwing up her little face. So far she is not too bad, but Im thinking she will probably feel a bit ordinary come tonight and tomorrow.
Yesterday I had enrolled Paige into occasional day care for a couple of hours and the poor thing cried her little heart out when I left her! I do hate leaving her like that but its for her own good. She needs to mix and play with other children her age, not be stuck in the house with me with no interacting with other kids. When I went to pick her up at 2pm, one of the carers was holding her and as soon as she put her down, Paige came running with her arms open and she started to cry.
I scooped her up in my arms and gave her a huge cuddle, while Paige cried and babbled how angrily at me for leaving her behind. Then my waterworks started, I felt so bad, but as the carer said, she wasnt too bad while she was there, otherwise they would have called me to come and pick her up. Im going to try to take her more regularly so she can get used to it, its sad seeing her cry when I leave her there, but she cant just stay with my mum or my grandma all the time.
And yesterday, while I was talking to one of the carers, Paige went up to a little boy and she wanted to play with him but he shoved her as if to tell her to go away. I took it upon myself to tell him not to push and that she just wanted to play with him, little shit! He looked at me and and didnt do it again! I wished that the carer saw it too, it wouldve been good if she had reprimanded him as well!
2 comments:
Ah hell that must break your heart when Paige cries like that, but I know it's good for her to get used to being with the other kids. She'll probably learn to love it Danni so don't worry! ((hugs))
Poor little Summer and her needles, I sure hated them as a child but they don't bother me one bit now.
It makes you feel really bad, doesn't it? when you have to take them to be immunised, then leave them in unfamiliar surroundings...but trust me, they usually perk up just after you leave..I feel the same way about leaving Matthew and they always assure me that he's fine once I leave!
Post a Comment