Yes, thats what they are, Ratbags, both of them, albeit loveable, gorgeous ratbags!
Ratbag 1 Aka Paige, well, Im really proud of my girl. Yesterday, our EI case worker came by for her fortnightly visit and Paige managed to stay sitting at her table for the entire session doing a variety of activities! That is the longest she has stuck to any activities, for the whole 45 mins!! Usually she tires of the activity she is doing and would much rather raid Marcia's box of goodies she brings. Yesterday she had a go at some playdoh, which she kept on eating, despite its salty flavour. Then she did some drawing with some textas which, yes, you guessed it, she put in her mouth. I think she thought each colour tasted differently, but by the end of that she had a blue mouth.
Then in the evening, when I went to the gym, Rob took her to the toilet because she was signalling to go into the loo, and, wait for it......SHE DID A WEE IN THE TOILET!!! Rob said he heard a trickle after she sat there for a moment. I was so happy! Of course, today, I had put her on the toilet frequently and she didnt do a wee at all, instead she did it in her pants. Ah well, we will get there. The fact she did a wee last night is a great start, and Im very proud of my girl.
She is getting cleverer and cleverer and also exercising her independance a lot more, meaning I have to be after her all the time, she really runs me ragged, today while at the gym for my weigh in she was having a ball running all over the place, and trying to take off her shoes and well, just being your average toddler, driving her mummy crazy!! Then by the time the late arvo rolls around she is unpacking the cupboards and drawers!!
Ratbag 2 Aka Summer, she is getting to be a real cheeky puss! She goes into the bedrooms and opens drawers and takes out all the clothes out of them, cue me throwing a hissy fit!! The other day she was on her swing and she was trying very hard to stand up while it was swinging back and forth. I admonished her several times and all I got was a little giggle and a sweet smile. She does not understand if she falls flat on her face she will knock out those toothy pegs!!
Then yesterday we were outside and she has to stop and pick up every little thing off the ground, be it a stone, a blade of dry grass, a gumnut, whatever, and put it in her mouth!! She also plucked up the courage to go up to Cleo and give her a playful poke but I had to tell her to not get too close as I didnt want Cleo to swipe at Summer. Cleo is still just getting used to the girls.
She has been chatting a lot too. Her latest word is "Do do do do". I dont know what she is trying to say but Im sure the other day in Target while looking at shoes she said what sounded like "Soos". She is getting very confident on her feet, running around and chasing after Paige. She also discovered her nose and decided to put her finger up there...hmmmm, noice!! Oh and she has discovered the buttons on the DVD/VCR player, and keeps on switching it on and off!!!
So that is my little update on my two ratbags. They drive me bananas but man, I love em!!
4 comments:
LOL. I think it's funny you call them ratbags. Popped over from SITS!
LOL, great post!! (I really needed a few laughs today - hint: having sudden major car trouble, ugh!) Anyways, I love the girls' new nicknames, they're so cute and it suits them both to a T!
xoxo
Oh these comments on the same page are so nice! Your 2 wee girls are adorable Danni, and I laughed my ass off at Summer "discovering" her nose! LOL
Congrats on the big girl toilet-wee! And 'soos'? Oh my giddy aunt, toooo cute xxx
Post a Comment