As I mentioned in my post about New Years Resolutions, I want to be a bit more friendly to the environment. Ive already started by using my green bags when I go shopping, but I also want to do a bit more. I recently bought a book called Clean Sweep, a book about having a nice clean home, and it has some great environmentally friendly ideas in there for cleaning products.
Im so tired of spending my money on a different cleaning product for different things, Ive decided to make my own cleaning products, by using simple ingredients that I have in my cupboard. Today I made a basic wooden floor cleaner by mixing 1 quarter of a cup liquid soap, 1 cup vinegar and warm water. It worked like a charm on my floors, didnt leave them sticky at all.
After my lavendar cleaning spray runs out, Ill be making up an all purpose cleaner using bicarb of soda and white vinegar and using that on my kitchen benches. This book is awesome as it has so many wonderful and useful ideas for around the home. I also want to make my own dishwashing liquid and laundry liquid, it would save lots of money and I dont think the homemade laundry liquid would be as harsh on Summer's skin as the commercial stuff.
I also have started decluttering again. Trying to sort out my kitchen cupboards. Ive transferred all my plastic ware to the bottom cupboards so the kids can play with them without getting hurt. They have a tendancy to play with my mugs and cups and a few of them have been broken by Paige who likes to throw things on the floor. I have to go thru the girls' wardrobes again to see if there are things that dont fit them so I can give them to the Diabetes foundation.
I have all these things to do and no time to do them in as now Paige isnt sleeping thru the day, she wants the attention. Today I tried to wash the floor so I put both Paige and Summer in Paige's room and they both screamed blue murder! Needless to say I didnt get any housework done at all! I really need to give the house an overhaul, get rid of all the stuff I dont need, but then I have Rob saying that he needs the stuff Im about to throw away, which makes me so angry!
Does anyone know where I can hire a cleaning fairy? Or a nanny fairy to keep the kids entertained while I do my spring cleaning?
3 comments:
Could you enlist Paige in even the most basic of chores to help you? Even if it is things that don't really help you, like asking her to pull the clothes that you want to get rid of that you hand to her and make a pile? It would mean folding for you, but... dunno! Just trying to suggest ways she might be able to hang around you constructively while you do even the slightest bit of cleanup work.
WTG on your green plan :)
I've been trying to organize & declutter too. I think it's kind of fun.
Goon on you Danni! A friend of mine bought that book (or one very similar!) and she's doing the same thing. I should start too, besides the fact that I love making my own products it would also be much greener!
Yep, you def need to see if Paige wants to "help" you like a 'big girl'. Either that or houseclean when Rob is home to take the girlies off your hands?
Post a Comment