Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Disappointed

I know this is probably really trivial in comparison to whats happening at the moment but I have to blog about it cos Im annoyed and disappointed in myself! It seems Ive hit a snag in my weight loss journey.  Today when I got weighed, I had only lost 100gms and my body fat has crept up to 32.8 again! I havent had that much body fat since August and Im really pissed at myself!

Bloody hell, I just cant shift these last few kilos!  I only have myself to blame really, its no one elses fault by my own.  When we had that really hot week 2 weeks ago, I didnt go to the gym at all and I guess all the food and not working out took its toll.  Not that I was eating badly but the energy in wasnt equalling the energy out.  Even though I went to the gym three times last week, Ive stayed pretty much the same.

I think my weight has plateued now.  I know I shouldnt be angry or upset as I have come such a long way since last year ( I was 77kgs) and its the measurements that count.  Im still so very proud of myself that I have lost over 60cms to date and I can still fit into my size 11 jeans (Ive been waiting over 2 years to get back into those jeans) so I shouldnt be so hard on myself.

I just have to make a better effort to get to the gym at least 3 times a week and drink more water, but the water drinking thing is so friggen hard, the only time I can drink water is when I work out, but I must make more of an effort to drink water, hmm....wish me luck!

6 comments:

Janna said...

Good luck, Miss D, and don't lose faith in yourself. As you said, you've come such a long way, and everyone hits those frustrating weight plateaus at some point. The fact that you're determined to get back to the gym 3X per week is half the battle, imo! xoxo

Penelope said...

You've done so well and will keep doing well so don't worry.

Everyone plateaus and once you nudge it a bit you'll be on the road to your last few kilos!!!!

Yeah cause I know so much...sitting here eating a chocolate eclair!

The Blonde Duck said...

Good luck! Those last couple inches are like mollasses, aren't they? I've hit a plateau too and it's driving me mad!

Come see me at my new place: www.aduckinherpond.com.

Lisa said...

You've done well Danni

Jude said...

The last bits are always difficult and SLOW to get off Danni, don't worry you've done sooooo well and it's no wonder you are proud of yourself. I'm proud of you too! :-)

Ms Cupcake said...

Don't give up! Start anew tomorrow.

Dropping by from sits.

BTW, I'm sponsoring a Valentine's Day giveaway on my blog, Zen Cupcake in case you're interested.